GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Driver Gear Suspension Limiters

turbotrucka

Rig Stig
Car(s)
'15 GT3
They were on my car for 1 month. I didn't like the way they made the car feel at autocross. Some do, I don't. They're 21.00 plus shipping through ECS, I'd like 20.00 shipped OBO, they're not really a wear item, and they're practically new.

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Suspension_Limiter/ES265140/

Attachments

• IMG_0303.jpg
    IMG_0303.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 1,333

hobbes

Ready to race!
What do these actually do, if you don't mind me asking?

turbotrucka

Rig Stig
Car(s)
'15 GT3
They're just bump stops to put it crudely. Or you could say they're like the shims they use in NASCAR to up spring rate instead of tuning sway bars. They are much harder than the normal bump stops.

PooLeArMor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 CW GTi
they can put on a FK coilover ?
it will make the ride more stiff??

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Car(s)
its not special.
You use these in series (with) the bump stops. It will mean that the bump stops will activate earlier in the suspension's travel.

For instance, if you only install the rear spacers, it will reduce understeer once the suspension is loaded in a high lateral-g corner. I have used them this way, but ONLY with an OE rear sway bar. If you have a fat rear sway bar on full stiff, it will make the at-the-limit moment a bit loose.

If you have a big rear sway, install the front spacers and the car will be a bit more forgiving at the limit. The effect is more pronounced on medium to high speed courses.

OR... if you want to prevent having your tires rub (at the sacrifice of a little ride quality) use all 4. VW sells these for this reason.

GLWS free bump!

cskm

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
i want these. but can you be a bit more specific at how to install these? like where on the spring to put them in? do you put them in vertical? or what? im at a loss... will paypal you asap. pm me

hobbes

Ready to race!
These go on the dampers. So its damper > limiter > bump stop > mount. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Simmsled

Parking Garage > Tree
Car(s)
its not special.
These go on the dampers. So its damper > limiter > bump stop > mount. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Ideally, this is what you want to go for.

These things are an effective tool to tune the 'at the limit' chassis response.

hobbes

Ready to race!
That'd be a pain to remove the second one for DD or track use though. They go under the dust cover on the shock, so you'd have to remove the entire shock from the car to get to it.

turbotrucka

Rig Stig
Car(s)
'15 GT3
That'd be a pain to remove the second one for DD or track use though. They go under the dust cover on the shock, so you'd have to remove the entire shock from the car to get to it.

Not the entire shock. Just take the two top bolts out, the top nut off the shock, and then it slides up enough to take them on or off. Honestly about 20 minutes for both sides. The front is simple, and you don't really even have to remove the wheel.