GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ED30 DSG vs Carrera S Cabrio (PDK ?)

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Don't know what year, but if it was a PDK it was an '08 or later.
'08 make 380 crank but being the cabrio version it's heavier by about 200 lbs.

We took it slow from the light and did a 35 mph roll all the way to about 110, maybe it was close to a quarter mile or something I dunno, I always like to shut down at 130 and the reason is that I want to put 5th, but we hit the next light and after that he took an exit.

So we were dead even. Definitely wasn't a manual as I wasn't gainining anything and he wasn't gaining anything either. I remember he spun a lot, more than I did, crazy if you think I'm the FWDLOL. It wasn't a dig race but 35 mph still favors RWD. So it's possible my track tires did all the work there, especially since earlier I had done a few pulls by myself that probably warmed them up pretty good. Then it's possible he was on street tires so.. :iono:

Not that it really matters, but here are some thoughts trying to find out whether it was an '05 or '08.. If you guys wanna chime in..

Maybe it was an '05 that make 355 crank with a tiptronic S gearbox? I know they existed before PDK but I don't know how they differ, either way, the car I raced was in no way a manual. Truth is I find it strange to be able to keep up with an '08 (or later) 380 hp, they may be NA but they're no joke. Even their torque isn't bad at all, less than mine but still pretty good..

On the other hand I've raced an '05 355 hp Carrera long time ago but it was a 4S (heavier) and put him about 2-3 cars. So who knows.. maybe this time it was a tuned '05, with a tiptronic S. Either way, I enjoyed the run, I really did!

My specs at sig. Still stage 1 + intake, after 3 years I'm finally making the big step forward next month, starting with coilovers and then stage 2/2+ I think I'll be ready by July.