GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ED30 REVO STG 1 (B9-T6-F9) + intake VS Porsche Cayman S

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
First part I'm getting his attention, second part the actual race. As usual I gotta use ESP and kiss LC goodbye cause without suspension and other shit car doesn't go anywhere and it's dangerous for the clutches. My handicap also helped to give the other car a small jump so you can see him for a bit.

I had a passenger, Cayman S just the driver. The race part from a standstill.

Phone camera sorry for the low quality. If you watch on YouTube you can select HD which isn't really HD but will definitely improve quality for you.

Otherwise...

josein06gli

GLI OWNER
Car(s)
VW Jetta GLI
nice run man.

TSiUG

sleeper...
:headbang:

DarkX

Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
nice run man.
Thanks. Guy was cool at the next light we rolled down our windows and I asked him about his hp he said 295 so it was stock, told him I'm only stage 1 yet and he said it's pretty strong. Gave me a thumbs up I told him congrats for keeping up with me for a bit and that was it. I'm sure I can beat the new S as well (320 bhp) I mean I've beat stronger cars than this. Still it's gotta give ya pleasure beating 'S' series Porsches. :biggrin:

DarkX

Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
traction is a huge issue with your car. Are you running a LSD? What kind of tires?
Nothing man. Been having the car for 3.5 years and just this past winter I decided to bring it to life so I'm just in the beginning. No LSD, still factory tires (although good for factory I mean they're even Z/Y rated lol) which aren't that bad or at least weren't that bad when I was stock cause now they can't cope. Car is hardly ever left in the sun so all these years all these summers my tires kept up fine. Now I need new tires to cope with my setup and my future stages, I need suspension I need mounts and I need a DSG flash haha I pretty much need everything! :lol:

But hey.. think of it this way if I didn't have traction issues you wouldn't be able to enjoy me reeling in that Porsche. :biggrin:

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
k04 ftw ... i heard some wheel spin ... if i was you, i would do mounts and tires 1st, then the dsg flash ...

DarkX

Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
k04 ftw ... i heard some wheel spin ... if i was you, i would do mounts and tires 1st, then the dsg flash ...
Yeah I spin even with ESP, of course nothing like not using it if I don't use ESP during launch from a standstill car doesn't move so at least ESP makes it acceptable but I still spin. Well my next upgrade list is this:

-forge cooler
-big brakes
-tires

Can't do everything at once that's gonna cost an arm and a leg. Dunno which I'm gonna do first I'd like to delay cooler for now and get brakes and tires first but that will depend on how the car copes with the heat. Since summer is around the corner I regularly run logs to see how it holds. So far with around 20 degrees C on the 3rd pull it drops boost a bit so I may be forced to get the cooler first. Lowering tune settings is not an option I like running full boost etc.

Vins25

Dump Valve 7000RPM
Car(s)
Golf 5 GTI
Nice run man

DarkX

Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG

Bunnspeed

Salad Tosser
Car(s)
2008 GTI four door
Well done! Stiffer suspension will help a ton getting your car to hook up since our cars are heavy (lots of inertia to overcome from a dig) and transfer their weight rearward off the drive tires at the launch, thanks to squatting on floppy springs. I ran 2.1 60ft times on mediocre tires when I had stiffer h&r sport and bilstein sports. I immediately noticed a lot less traction and tire spin when I switched to softer neuspeed springs and koni fsds. I'd upgrade your suspension before spending a lot on tires and LSD and whatnot. Also remember that mediocre all seasons often hook better on a fwd car than expensive performance tires. Despite the soft rubber compounds, performance tires often break traction very easily since the rock hard sidewalls offer no compliance making it much harder to modulate traction than with a mushy all season.

DarkX

Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
^ Thanks. Yeah suspension is gonna make it night and day I'm sure. I wouldn't want to lower the nose though because the lip is already pretty deep and the car sits about half an inch lower than a normal GTI. In many occasions I barely avoid rubbing the lip. I could use a stiffer suspension though. A rear sway bar maybe. First things first I need cooler and brakes!