Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Wouldn't buy but only because I once bought a Unitronic pipe with catted / testpipe sections on here barely used for $370 shipped. Keep your eyes on the classifieds.

I ended up selling the Unitronic locally, FWIW. There was no advantage over my eBay pipe unless I wanted to swap catless / catted sections. The welds on my eBay pipe have held up well and the 2 things that are actually wrong with eBay pipes these days are:

1: possible fitment issues into rear catback
2: supplied v-band clamp is crappy, but will work for a while

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
Yeah, I'll keep my eyes open in the classifieds. I have no choice but to get one with a cat because I'm not gonna swap it out every 2 years just to pass emissions. I'm debating on the Eurojet DP too, it just sucks they are so much more expensive than noncatted.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
For budget option you can get a shop to weld ($20-50) a 3" high flow cat ($100) into a 3" ebay downpipe ($140).

Tutti57

Ready to race!
For budget option you can get a shop to weld ($20-50) a 3" high flow cat ($100) into a 3" ebay downpipe ($140).
that's what I did. f spending more than you need to on anything!

Sent from my SPH-M950 using Tapatalk

Exit9Performance

Passed Driver's Ed
Not for nothing althought I'm sure this is cheap but a quality piece speaks for itself. I always harp on people about coilovers when buying the less quality versions. Why not buy something that will last instead of a product that might work for 10 k miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
Not for nothing althought I'm sure this is cheap but a quality piece speaks for itself. I always harp on people about coilovers when buying the less quality versions. Why not buy something that will last instead of a product that might work for 10 k miles

Because it's a lot easier to make a cheap downpipe work acceptably than to do the same with cheap coilovers...I've seen no evidence even the cheapest downpipes are much different from the most expensive besides the V-band. Sure, Chinese TIG and "stainless" but they seem to have their shit together these days and the products hold up.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
EuroSport is actually a reputable company & nowhere near a ebay downpipe in terms of comparison.
http://www.eurosportacc.com/

Their cat-back sounds amazing actually....both on the MK5 & MK6.

There was a short write up of them testing the downpipe in EuroTuner:
http://www.eurotuner.com/techarticles/eurp_1011_intake_exhaust_dyno_test/

They also own what used to be called FocusSport as well, which is now FSWerks, & are pretty big in the Focus tuning world.

The cat is 400 cell count, btw:
http://www.eurosportacc.com/products/17800-05

Exit9Performance

Passed Driver's Ed
Because it's a lot easier to make a cheap downpipe work acceptably than to do the same with cheap coilovers...I've seen no evidence even the cheapest downpipes are much different from the most expensive besides the V-band. Sure, Chinese TIG and "stainless" but they seem to have their shit together these days and the products hold up.

It was a general statement

Car(s)
Subaru

a dp from apr, bully dog, unitronic, cts, etc are all worlds better than this thing and ebay pipes. save a couple hundred and get a pos pipe, or buy a good pipe that you know is going to fit, sell for more money, and you know is made of good metal :23: