GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

flustered..

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
hey guys. well let's see.. ive been working on my gti for a good minute now. my list of mods show's what ive done in my sig. im fixing to get my revo stage 2 software once i get to japan in a few months. my biggest problem tho, is that i feel like im doing this all for nothing. i mean yes i do love my driving experience. but naturally i am extremely competitive. i see these little civic's and rx-7's pulling some hot times and #'s at tracks and such, and im not sure what else i can do. i mean ive gotten almost every bolt-on mod i can see, and still im lacking. ive read endless post's where people have tuned our engines to the teeth, and still they are sub-par to these japanese tuners. i usto drive a 91' crx si for a good few years and the tuning potential that car always offered was so awsome, because there was seemingly endless posibilities. im not sure what to do, or what im not doing right? or if all my work is for null? i do love our car, and i would really like to find her potential. be it road-racing/auto-x or drag. id like to make her shine. tell me what you guys think :)

:drinking:

nomad

p.s. im fixing to get a full VF-engine mount kit, as well as some 18" flat-black coated bbs ch's. im not sure if an lsd or new intercooler would truely prove that helpful. from what ive read, ive not been so impressed.

Nikerey

Darkness
you should have no problem beating a 91 crx with the same mods as you. They have the ability to add a turbo, but then they would be more modded than you. You shouldnt feel embarassed by a car that has more done than you. If they get a turbo, you add a bigger turbo.

AlowisiousGTI

Ready to race!
Well.. if your really trying to get the most out of your GTI.. why havent you done a Turbo upgrade? VF-engineering already has the GT28R kits out. And you have to concider that the tuning options for the GTI are somewhat limited since it is still a fairly new platform and engine. Companies are still working on performance parts. Where as your 91 CRX has had a few years or R&D to get those parts. VF-Engineering also has a Stage 2 kit in the works.. Price has not been announced yet, But it has new internals as well as the big Turbo. Its pricey.. but its power, and that is what your looking for right? Just my $.02, hope it helped.

my07blkgti

I'll do it!!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
do a turbo upgrade because with the k03 you can only do so much, whenever apr comes out with the stage3+(gt28r turbo kit) go and get it and you should be putting around 400whp down...apr might have come out with it already check with them not to sure

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
whats the price of these turbo kits??

muskaroxs

Drag Racing Champion
Go to track days, actually use the mods that you already have. Learn the limits of your car the way it is. Even if you up-grade the turbo and etc etc, you'll never have enough. It's a curse that we all live with

Ballinfrogs

Go Kart Champion
its true...everyone wants to be faster with a 25,000 dollar car, but remember, it isnt a ferrari, if u wanto go that fast, buy a ferrari

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
good words mr. frog.

dont buy FWD if you plan on going over 250WHP, thats like putting th elarge wheels upfront on a wheel chair, you just dont do it.

muskaroxs

Drag Racing Champion
its true...everyone wants to be faster with a 25,000 dollar car, but remember, it isnt a ferrari, if u wanto go that fast, buy a ferrari
My brother has a f355 and it could always be faster.

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
my favorite ferrari ever.

Yes, definitely one of the top ones in my list. However, I paced a 512TR for about 5 miles in my old Jetta. He was weaving in and out of traffic, cutting people off, and I was trying to keep up. I was amazed at it. Older guy driving it too. I've seen both in action, and I don't think I could "chose" only one. I'd have to have both to be happy.:bow:

nomad

Go to track days, actually use the mods that you already have. Learn the limits of your car the way it is. Even if you up-grade the turbo and etc etc, you'll never have enough. It's a curse that we all live with

i fear you are correct. i wonder if it could be competitive on the track tho? power to weight ratio with the whole balancing thing. do you think it could be competitive in handling ability's?

id really hate to sell her, but i reckon i should decide before i ship er' to japan and then try to compete. my dream car is the awd mr2.. mid engine lovelyness. id dream to have a black one with the roof scoop.

lovely. hah.
:bow: :bow:

SJMKV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
06 MKV
Before you go buying a big turbo kit why dont you get chipped? You have a few mods that would be complimented well by some software. I was suprised by how noticeable of a change it was when I had mine done. It might motivate you to keep her too.

nomad

im putting my car on the flat-bed for japan in april, and there is no revo tuner close to here in germany. that and.. they charge you out the ass for the TUV here, they have a special tax for everything automotive, and it's pretty hardcore on your pocket. it easily costs 1k$ to get chipped here in germany if not more. the closest place would be like.. holland hah. and if i can't go there and smoke out, it ain't worth the drive. *shakes fist at the army*

but yeah, im fixing to get revo stage 2 software once i get to kanagawa. there is apparently a japanese vw tuner in kanagawa called GOOSE who is a revo dealer. so im just going to take my VAT form down there and see what i can do ;)