GOLFMKV

Full Hatch Pop DIY..

Ducky 2.0T

Ready to race!
No... Byte 2 Bit 3 is still missing..

As shown here..

EsotericRR

Ready to race!
Haha, rock auto must be getting a ton of orders for these springs and they're thinking like WTF lol. I ordered mine from there and got them in a day, but they are only a half hour from my house. =)

Minimaul

Chronic Masturbator
Car(s)
e36 m3/4/5
yay!

still gotta heat shrink it. but i'll do that tomorrow.

HDClown

Ready to race!
Anyone know if this will have any long term bad effects on the hatch door or strusts, from it being closed under extra pressure from the spring(s)? How stiff are those springs?

Does the hatch swing open to the full position any faster/harder with the springs then if you open it yourself to the point where it can swing the rest of the way itself?

vlkswgnbgmn66

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI #473
Anyone know if this will have any long term bad effects on the hatch door or strusts, from it being closed under extra pressure from the spring(s)? How stiff are those springs?

Does the hatch swing open to the full position any faster/harder with the springs then if you open it yourself to the point where it can swing the rest of the way itself?

#1 - There shouldn't be any ill effects on the struts. The struts are still acting just like they were before and the springs are just keeping pressure on the hatch to assist the struts. The pressure on the hatch, IMO, isn't enough to cause any problems with the hatch or struts...

#2 - There are videos of this mod on the first post of this thread...

devilman01

Car(s)
Mk5 GTi
can anybody tell me the height of the springs?? as i have some in my tool box at work that look very similar, and would really like to try this.

Awesome write up dude:w00t: :w00t: