GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got Revo'ed!

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
Last Monday I finally decided it was time to say farewell to stock map and I must say it was a brilliant move! Changed my DV and got Revision D installed for peace of mind. Mine was in pristine condition when we pulled it out, but being diaphragm type there would always be a risk especially after remap. So now this new DV as you all know addresses the issue far more reliably.

As soon as we installed the software, we selected setting 9.6.9 which stands for boost.timing.fuel (100oct RON only - US equivalent 95) then we changed DV and got outside for testing. New software hadn't even fully adapted yet and the car boosted 1.76 bar (25.5 psi) over. According to the mechanic it's one of the best stage 1 ED30's they've seen. Using only top class fuel and babying the car since day one (warming up, cooling down, servicing, oil) were deciding factors to what came as music to my ears.

So far I've travelled around 200km and have had 3-4 cold starts, so I must be pretty close to having the software fully adapted. When that happens, I will be seeing around 310 to 315bhp and 420nm of torque without a single bolt on! :happyanim:

Now the DSG. Well I have not installed a DSG flash, but I have to say that it has also improved, dramatically! No more jerking at low speeds, gear changes appear to be a lot smoother. I mean I can't be wrong the difference is more than obvious. So I'm not sure if it's worth the money to have a DSG reflash, I mean if it's only for somewhat faster shifting I don't care that much for now. Maybe I'll do it later on when I go stage 2 I dunno. Your thoughts?

Also my rev limiter has gone up by around 200 rpm, so now I am able to shift at around 7100 to 7200 (compared to previous 6900). And the best part is, that it actually works! I feel this constant surge of power all the way to 7000 rpm and the next gear is always so strong, what a kick in the back feel that is!

In a couple months I'll install the fully ceramic red intake by NEUSPEED because I really love the sound it makes when you let off the gas and of course being fully ceramic it provides extremely low intake temperatures. This one is bolted straight onto the turbo. :headbang:

KingEgi

Design....Innovate
Car(s)
2006 GTI Mkv
Great results man! now get that bad boy on the dyno:thumbsup:

-Mike

mossbren

Passed Driver's Ed
How much did that cost you?

apollosfury

designeddwk
congrats on the flash! it's a great feeling!

GolfRS

Banned
Last Monday I finally decided it was time to say farewell to stock map and I must say it was a brilliant move! Changed my DV and got Revision D installed for peace of mind. Mine was in pristine condition when we pulled it out, but being diaphragm type there would always be a risk especially after remap. So now this new DV as you all know addresses the issue far more reliably.

As soon as we installed the software, we selected setting 9.6.9 which stands for boost.timing.fuel (100oct RON only - US equivalent 95) then we changed DV and got outside for testing. New software hadn't even fully adapted yet and the car boosted 1.76 bar (25.5 psi) over. According to the mechanic it's one of the best stage 1 ED30's they've seen. Using only top class fuel and babying the car since day one (warming up, cooling down, servicing, oil) were deciding factors to what came as music to my ears.

So far I've travelled around 200km and have had 3-4 cold starts, so I must be pretty close to having the software fully adapted. When that happens, I will be seeing around 310 to 315bhp and 420nm of torque without a single bolt on! :happyanim:

Now the DSG. Well I have not installed a DSG flash, but I have to say that it has also improved, dramatically! No more jerking at low speeds, gear changes appear to be a lot smoother. I mean I can't be wrong the difference is more than obvious. So I'm not sure if it's worth the money to have a DSG reflash, I mean if it's only for somewhat faster shifting I don't care that much for now. Maybe I'll do it later on when I go stage 2 I dunno. Your thoughts?

Also my rev limiter has gone up by around 200 rpm, so now I am able to shift at around 7100 to 7200 (compared to previous 6900). And the best part is, that it actually works! I feel this constant surge of power all the way to 7000 rpm and the next gear is always so strong, what a kick in the back feel that is!

In a couple months I'll install the fully ceramic red intake by NEUSPEED because I really love the sound it makes when you let off the gas and of course being fully ceramic it provides extremely low intake temperatures. This one is bolted straight onto the turbo. :headbang:

Pretty much standard for Revo software.
Good choice btw. :thumbsup:

Now get an exhaust and an intake and hit 380...

And let APR wonder how on earth you can get that horsepower from a "tiny" K04... :laughabove:

DarkX

Your Boss :P
Car(s)
GTI ED30 DSG
What it cost him might not be a good comparison because he has an Edition 30, and the cost for that is most likely different.

http://www.revotechnik.com

That's the company that wrote the flash, and they have a GTI ECU remap for your 2.0 TSI.
And different pricing from one country to another. But for what it's worth my remap cost me 950 euro. They had a sale running in Christmas and I would've saved around 200 to 250 euro but I had to wait. Luckily though, because I know the guys that work there, they upgraded my DV for free, which was a 150 euro present.

Thanks everyone. I fell in love with my car all over again. :wub:

Pretty much standard for Revo software.
Good choice btw. :thumbsup:

Now get an exhaust and an intake and hit 380...

And let APR wonder how on earth you can get that horsepower from a "tiny" K04... :laughabove:
Thanks man. Yeah right my next upgrade is NEUSPEED P-Flo Air Intake Kit - K04 and I may be able to increase timing advance a little bit. One of REVO customers has it in his S3 and he was there so he popped the hood and I was almost instantly sold. With this I should be able to break the 330bhp mark. The sound it makes when you let off the gas is amazing, it's about like this video (watch from 0:21 to 0:38) only louder and deeper in my car. The car in that video is with K03 and it's on the stock map. Mine will be a slightly different part exclusively for K04.

Yeah man I dunno what's with K04 why people keep underestimating I have talked and seen K04 on 2.0 FSI's many times and I haven't found a single car with less than 380bhp on stage 2. For some reason they think K04 is only good to about 350bhp which is so far from truth. By the way, they have 2 S3's over there both 420bhp on K04. Once you get lower temperatures (better intake, IC etc) you start tweaking timing advance maybe some people are forgetting that part. I know REVO on their website advertises around 355bhp for my car on stage 2 but this is without those tweaks. The shop I go to does all the tweaking on top of the standard settings and 380bhp is really possible. :thumbsup: I remember we were discussing about this with hurdy.

apollosfury

designeddwk
the upgraded internals and other goodies that are on ED30 GTI's allow for more aggressive tuning than what it is possible when someone upgrades from a k03 to k04. a majority of the people on this forum are from the US where we don't get those nice special editions so, unfortunately, a lot of the conversation is based on what is possible with the cars in the US market

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Yeah with full bolt-on's (including intake and fmic) on a US spec 2.0T FSI and a ko4 turbo, I think 340-350 bhp is the "safe zone" most tuners consider without upgrading internals.

On crappy 91 oct I don't think I'll see more than 320 bhp unless I add water meth and can up timing significantly. Then 340-350 bhp is realistic. Wouldn't want to run a race gas file on the stock internals though.

curiouskyle16

Ready to race!
I got laid

GolfRS

Banned
the upgraded internals and other goodies that are on ED30 GTI's allow for more aggressive tuning than what it is possible when someone upgrades from a k03 to k04. a majority of the people on this forum are from the US where we don't get those nice special editions so, unfortunately, a lot of the conversation is based on what is possible with the cars in the US market

Well...yes and no.

Most of the K04 converted cars in Europe run on stock internals and there aren't that many failures (at least so far in the forums there have been reported 2 or 3 cases mostly related to bad maintenance or tuning)

The power difference between the 2 engines is in the area of ~10 bhp when tuned.Of course you can upgrade your engine in a state far superior to factory K04ed cars, with far better results too.

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
darkx, u lucky bastard ...