GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Graduating in 2 years... And already thinking about my next car!

Moodymedstudent

Ready to race!
Hi guys, I realize that this is probably a bit premature, but it's a great distraction from studying! Since I don't really see the auto industry changing dramatically over the next couple of years, I've decided to start fantasizing about my next purchase!

I have been a very happy and proud owner of a GTI, and is looking forward to driving it for the next couple of years. However, by that time, I would have run out of warranty and will probably want a change. I just wanted to see if you guys have any suggestions/comments that might help me out in the future, or perhaps provide some reflection of what you'll be looking for in your next vehicle as well. Here's my criteria:

Budget: $50,000 CDN (if USD, $45,000 equivalent)
Seats 4
No more than 2 years old

Cheers!

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
G37 Coupe?

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Golf R + tune. You're on an Mk6 board :)

Skeptix

Ready to race!
G37 Coupe?

Ewwww.

45k US... hmm. If performance is in your eyes, (new)STI... save some cash for mods too. Even trade of both lux and performance, get yourself a used TT-RS or M3 in 2 years.

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Ewwww.

45k US... hmm. If performance is in your eyes, (new)STI... save some cash for mods too. Even trade of both lux and performance, get yourself a used TT-RS or M3 in 2 years.

Whats not to like :D though I am beginning to see a lot of old people drive those cars.

czhao1009

Ready to race!
Hmm if you are going to change when your car get out of warranty, why not leasing it instead?
I was gonna say M coupe, but it will be more than 2 years old
Perhaps S4?

TommyD

Ready to race!
Hi guys, I realize that this is probably a bit premature, but it's a great distraction from studying! Since I don't really see the auto industry changing dramatically over the next couple of years, I've decided to start fantasizing about my next purchase!

I have been a very happy and proud owner of a GTI, and is looking forward to driving it for the next couple of years. However, by that time, I would have run out of warranty and will probably want a change. I just wanted to see if you guys have any suggestions/comments that might help me out in the future, or perhaps provide some reflection of what you'll be looking for in your next vehicle as well. Here's my criteria:

Budget: $50,000 CDN (if USD, $45,000 equivalent)
Seats 4
No more than 2 years old

Cheers!
Keep the GTI spend 2-3k on an extended warranty, bank the rest for 5 years. Take it from an old man, the new car isn't worth it. Invest the money for a few years.

http://www.usfunds.com/investor-resources/frank-talk/?i=7992

littleazn248

Go Kart Champion
Gotta tone that USD value down to 40k or even 35k

I think you're right. To equip a mk6 GTI the same as an Autobahn in Canada it will cost 42,431.50 while in the US it will cost 35,000.

In that case you are prob best off buying a Golf R when it gets a older.

livefast

Ready to race!
2 year old 335i perhaps? But you could keep the GTI and maybe add some sick mods for like 1-2 grand.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Med student? Must be nice to shit money.