GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI to STI?

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
Hate the Stang, always have..... The Challengers are amazing.

OP, if you haven't already, remove the wire cage from the back of the drivers seat. Will increase your bolstering by a million. Did it on my '11 with leather and made a HUGE difference.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
How the eff do you do this?!

Here's the thread I used, all the pictures are dead in the original post now but once you unzip the back of the seat you will see exactly what they are talking about. (http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-inte...od-write-up-w-pics-your-bolstering-needs.html)

Some people with lower back issues don't like the mod because it puts stress on your lower lumbar. But I didn't have any issues on 3.5-4 hr drives. I actually they they felt better.

Oh also, #1 cosmetic mod for these cars is a front splitter to fill in the awkward gap in the front bumper. Best thing I ever did to my car.

edit: pics in this specific post (http://www.iwsti.com/forums/3620254-post177.html)

Last edited:

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
I hate the gas milage i get with a stage 2 tune....... :thumbdown:

Mileage should improve with a tune. How many miles is on your GTI? When I was Stg 2 on the stock turbo, I was getting between 27-33mpg depending on the driving I was doing. Almost got 480 to a tank on my way to SoWo 2011 and 2012.

It didn't get bad until I went KO4 and I just had the valves cleaned at 120k which helped, but it is still bad. I just got a new O2 sensor off of a member here though. Pretty sure that's where the issue is as it's been misfiring at 25psi and has thrown 3 soft codes relating to the O2 sensor. No CEL even with the misfire if you believe that.:iono:

Performance wise, it's awful compared to the Camaro and Mustang. But looks, I think it wins hands down. Such a beautiful badass looking car.

Exactly.

It goes stang, Camaro, challenger. Haha

:thumbsup:

Used to hate Mustang's besides the 03/04 Cobra (not counting the old ones, though I still loved Camaro's, Nova's, Chevelle's, etc.), but the 5.0L blows the LS3 out of the water. Now consider that it's a lighter, slightly smaller car, and it really appeals.

The Boss 302?:wub:

With all that said, I'd still love to pick up a C6 ZO6. It'll be interesting to see how much their price drops when the C7 is released. C5 ZO6's can be found for high teens. The most I've seen them go for is $25-$26k.

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Here's the thread I used, all the pictures are dead in the original post now but once you unzip the back of the seat you will see exactly what they are talking about. (http://www.iwsti.com/forums/gr-inte...od-write-up-w-pics-your-bolstering-needs.html)

Some people with lower back issues don't like the mod because it puts stress on your lower lumbar. But I didn't have any issues on 3.5-4 hr drives. I actually they they felt better.

Oh also, #1 cosmetic mod for these cars is a front splitter to fill in the awkward gap in the front bumper. Best thing I ever did to my car.

edit: pics in this specific post (http://www.iwsti.com/forums/3620254-post177.html)
What did you use for this front splitter? And I actually have a lot of lower back problems. So I'll give it a shot but it might not help at all. Haha thanks for links man!

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Mileage should improve with a tune. How many miles is on your GTI? When I was Stg 2 on the stock turbo, I was getting between 27-33mpg depending on the driving I was doing. Almost got 480 to a tank on my way to SoWo 2011 and 2012.

It didn't get bad until I went KO4 and I just had the valves cleaned at 120k which helped, but it is still bad. I just got a new O2 sensor off of a member here though. Pretty sure that's where the issue is as it's been misfiring at 25psi and has thrown 3 soft codes relating to the O2 sensor. No CEL even with the misfire if you believe that.:iono:

Exactly.

:thumbsup:

Used to hate Mustang's besides the 03/04 Cobra (not counting the old ones, though I still loved Camaro's, Nova's, Chevelle's, etc.), but the 5.0L blows the LS3 out of the water. Now consider that it's a lighter, slightly smaller car, and it really appeals.

The Boss 302?:wub:

With all that said, I'd still love to pick up a C6 ZO6. It'll be interesting to see how much their price drops when the C7 is released. C5 ZO6's can be found for high teens. The most I've seen them go for is $25-$26k.
The Z06 would be really awesome. Watching videos about it blows my mind away. Such an amazing car. But the boss 302=racecar! Badass racecar. That's probably exactly what I'd buy. I really like the California special. The front lip, and rear spoiler make the car prime!

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
What did you use for this front splitter? And I actually have a lot of lower back problems. So I'll give it a shot but it might not help at all. Haha thanks for links man!

Give it a whirl my friend, you might like it. Worst case scenario you don't and you just reattach it.

This is my old Wrex with JNA front lip. I think it fills that gap out nicely.

and because I'm a silly thread jacking whore...

Subie2013

Humble yourself
Oh I thought you were talking about the gap between the lower bumper and grill for the radiator. Hahahaha.

No doubt though, front lips are where it's at man. That was going to be my first mod, but said fuck it and baked my lights.

Callsign_Jester

traction is for pussies
Oh I thought you were talking about the gap between the lower bumper and grill for the radiator. Hahahaha.

No doubt though, front lips are where it's at man. That was going to be my first mod, but said fuck it and baked my lights.

#2012AndUpProblems

I loved my factory blackouts :biggrin:

yeah sorry 'splitter' probably wasnt the word. Front lip, but doooo ettttttt

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
The Z06 would be really awesome. Watching videos about it blows my mind away. Such an amazing car. But the boss 302=racecar! Badass racecar. That's probably exactly what I'd buy. I really like the California special. The front lip, and rear spoiler make the car prime!

Yeah, with as rare as a Boss 302 is though, you could buy a pretty damn low mileage 08 or 09 C6 ZO6 though.

Hahahaha, OMM. What year was this? Or was this H20?