GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI v MCS

arthur

I got that issue and that was a rediculous article, the only bad thing they could say about the GTI was that you shouldn't buy leather as its an expensive option and cloth looks better and that its expensive to buy. :confused:

But you get what you pay for!!

I dont think there is any arguement about which is the best CAR.

tasteofink8733

IlluminatiBilderbergNWO
All i have to say about that is ummmm .co.uk......

Samtrak

Passed Driver's Ed
you guys are feisty. got something to prove?

its not a war between makes of cars. its more about the driver at THIS LEVEL of performance. so... see you in the canyons kids.

I had an MK2 GTI previous to the MINI, it was the car that got me hooked on small sports cars.

The MKV is undoubtedly the best GTI ever engineered. -those damn unequal length driveshafts and the subsequent torque steer.

ApexTwin

expert knob twiddler

Lucidity

Marx
oh I'd definitely take the GTI over all those cars..

the Ford is a...Ford
The Renault looks like...shit
The MCS makes you look like a clown when you step out of it

The fact that you say the Ford is a Ford lets your ignorance show. I'll give you the fact that the renaualt looks like a turd, and tons of girls drive the Mini and it is too small to be practical, but... A) Ford quality is up leaps and bounds, just like the difference between the mk4 and mk5 models of the VW. If you want to look at quality, VW is predicted to have horrible reliability. B) It's Ford EUROPE, totally different, that car is based of the MK2 platform that is shared by the Mazda 3 and Volvo C30, it also shares the same 5 cylinder turbo as the Volvo. Yes the GTI is a better car over all, but that doesn't change the fact that the Focus ST is cheaper, and for 2k the Wolf upgrade kit puts it way ahead of the GTI for less money than the initial cost of GTI ownership. If they were available in the US, I would of gotten one. Unfortunately Ford US isn't as bright as their euro friends, and decided a reskin of the MK1 would come to the US in 08. (It actually ended up costing more to build the reskin mk1 than it would of to bring the MK2 over to the states.... F*** you Ford). C) My 05 Focus although not nearly as nice as my GTI, had NO problems AT ALL. So far in my GTI the EDL and ESP were acting up and needed to be flashed, the outer B-Pillars aren't affixed properly, there are 4 seperate rattles, my driver door is mis-alligned and will probably need to be completely replaced, and the dealers in my area don't give courtesy vehicles. So I am wondering why VW is so highly appreciated. Sure I love my GTI, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't have as many problems as it does. O yah and my HU gets weird static sometimes.