GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
That may be an option! I've got some family friends in Michigan city that I visit about once a year.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Most of the small guns are too small for me. I have a Sig 365 XL and put a Wilson Combat 1911 style lower frame on it and it makes it way more ergonomic for me but at the end of the day I just can’t shoot the small guns as well so I sacrifice a little comfort for something I can shoot well in my sleep. Compact sizes ftw

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
Since you’re on the market try out a Walther PDP for us. I’ve heard they’re pretty good

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
How about a Springfield Echelon anyone have one? I don't really like full size pistols much but rented one and it was pretty sweet
Don't have one but it seems to tick all of the boxes of what I am looking for. Been watching the reviews for a while now.

Anything you didn't like or things you loved?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Don't have one but it seems to tick all of the boxes of what I am looking for. Been watching the reviews for a while now.

Anything you didn't like or things you loved?
Honestly I loved most things about it. The serrations on the slide are perfect, grip is good sight is good, the slide has a bevel on the rear that is just brilliant. I was shooting 2" groups at 20 yards which I sure as hell can't do with my other pistols. No downsides, I don't prefer full size pistols, if they made this exact gun in a compact size it would be the perfect gun for me. That said, I'm probably going to buy one for a home gun eventually.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I was wondering if a genuine or repop M19 ammo can would contain projectiles up to 9MM and 12-gauge ammo if there was a fire in the house and it go to the ammo? I realize not being the restrictive space of a breech there's much less pressure, but will the steel of the ammo box contain the projectiles?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Car(s)
Mk6 racecar, Tacoma
Over Christmas I grabbed this tisas 1911 and this weekend picked up a kimber r7 mako which quickly became my favorite pistol. It came with an appendix holster and I just can't understand how people carry like that. I couldn't even sit down with it on
1000001770.jpg
1000001807.jpg

Charlotte.:R

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R 6MT
There is a fun show this weekend and I want to thin the heard a bit.

Does $1200 sound reasonable for this, including the ammo? It’s a 29-3, not a super desirable version since it’s not pinned/recessed like -1 and -2, but it’s also old enough to have a hammer mounted firing pin, no internal lock etc.

Too high? Too low? About right?

IMG_8534.jpeg

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Price seams very fair. Around the internet they are going for 1k to 3k depending on condition and if original box is included. For a gun show price, it should sell easily I would think.

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
F06F3A5E-D185-48C0-B87E-1A9E0286A0B1.jpeg

A4126F16-0F65-4152-9C89-E9F3DE8D949C.jpeg

2C120EE2-3C99-4334-9DD2-DFBD6DF74578.jpeg

Picked up a Walther P99 Final Edition the other day. Boy does it live up to the James Bond name and then some. And I generally hate polymer guns and striker triggers. I’m a CZ and Colt guy. Shown with my ready steady PPS M2 for size comparison. About 22oz but holds 15 or 17 with shelf mag

Such a fantastic shooter I ordered an older model and will likely order another. Maybe even a fourth I think I found my Excalibur.

DA/SA hammer fired smoothness in a striker package with all the benefits of both. What a gun /salute 🇩🇪

Get one while you can

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
20240217_200300.jpg

Just finished my .300 blackout build. Have a coyote tan sig tango 1-6 lpvo that just came in the mail the other day. Once I get home I'll get to install it and put some rounds through it.