GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

HID Bulb Install

g_berserk

Smartass in Training
Car(s)
SEAT Ibiza FR
I found a pair of 6000ºK bulbs of my previous car last night and i tryied to fit them on my GTI, but found that one of the bulbs was damged in the base on the accident (previous car was totaled a few months ago) but i tough:
"Let's give this sucker a try and see the difference in color with VW projectors"

So, the installation on the driver's side is a bitch, it's the frst time i have so much trouble changing a xenon bulb and I used to have a Renault :bellyroll: but after half an hour of wrestling with the holder i finally got it on place and tested the lights to see the difference...

mmm... too much blue for my liking, i need to try some other temp, but anyway, put the original bulb back in place, holder, igniter, protection cap, and voilà.

But now I have main lights on all the time even if the car's under direct light (it has light sensor, DRL activated and can use high and main beams at same time from factory here in Mexico) so I'm wondering if there's some way to reset the light sensor or to turn it off without vagcom.

my old Renault could turn light sensor on or off by quickly turning light on-off 3 times, but no luck on the GTI

anyone have an idea? :frown:

When you first fire up 6k's, they'll appear very blue...but once they warm up they're a very very nice white.

I just ordered a 6k kit for my Element...HID's FTW!

The Irish Fast

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
What a pain in the ass! Def worth the results but, I dont wanna do this shit again for a long long ass time! Maybe Im an idiot but what the fuck.

That One Dude

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI DSG
I got a set of 6000k for the headlights a few months ago, and just before i did that, I got a set of 3000k 9006 for the fogs...

Fucking Sweet...

Turns alot of heads! lol and lights up very well... Very, very well..

I was thinking of throwing on some LaminX yellow on the fog light deal, just to get a really crazy deep yellow to it, but the HID looks pretty cool because it has an interesting color to it, so thats still up in the air lol.. The LaminX fog cover is sitting in the glove box for now.. anyway, do you all think i should throw it on anyway?

The Irish Fast

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
I dont know if its me but the patter looks like a v in the middle? Whats the deal?

The Irish Fast

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Anyone?

felix_r32

racecar

I want to get #5 also, the hid ignitor because for some reason it melted a little bit inside right after I removed and replaced the stock bulb and they want $198 for that. Just oredered only 2 rings (#8) $11 each since one of them broke

felix_r32

racecar
4. Unscrew this bulb holder...its ribbed for easy gripping :wink: THIS HOLDS THE BULB IN SO BE CAREFUL REMOVING!!!

The bulb is loose in here...nothing holding it in but me.

question, when you put the 6K philips bulbs, did you put it first on the headlight and then mount the orange hid module or you have to mount the bulb first on the orange module and them on the headlight?

The Irish Fast

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Between my two lights the beam its like a v is this normal or do I need to reaim them? Like it dips down then goes back to the other beam.
Thanks, Will