The Fixer
@jay745 have you had any luck troubleshooting this

riceburner

Autocross Champion
poor jay... :(
1672803256708.png

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Woops forgot to update. Short answer is I don't know if it's fixed yet because I haven't been able to drive it due to weather. Replaced the camshaft position sensor, crankshaft position sensor, map, and maf. It starts and runs fine in the garage but I won't know until I drive it. Had a bit of a panic on Christmas too, I still had water in the system and when it got cold over Christmas it was still about 40 in the garage until Christmas day when it got down to 25. I saw some early signs of slush in the reservoir. Fired up the propane heater and got it cooking to 80 degrees in there, left the heater running for about 7 hours then drained the water and put coolant in Christmas day. Seems like I barely escaped a real bad day.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
wow man good call on that!

zrickety

The Fixer
Woops forgot to update. Short answer is I don't know if it's fixed yet because I haven't been able to drive it due to weather. Replaced the camshaft position sensor, crankshaft position sensor, map, and maf. It starts and runs fine in the garage but I won't know until I drive it. Had a bit of a panic on Christmas too, I still had water in the system and when it got cold over Christmas it was still about 40 in the garage until Christmas day when it got down to 25. I saw some early signs of slush in the reservoir. Fired up the propane heater and got it cooking to 80 degrees in there, left the heater running for about 7 hours then drained the water and put coolant in Christmas day. Seems like I barely escaped a real bad day.
Garage life, amirite?
Looking forward to hearing your great success.

zrickety

The Fixer

jay745

Woops. Always forgetting to update. Yesterday was the first time I've been able to drive it, she's running great. I changed so much in attempts to troubleshoot that I don't really know what it was. I'm getting a cel for running rich at idle so I'm not sure what that's about but it doesn't seem to be causing any issues with drivability.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
lmao well hey thats great! what all did you wind up changing out?

zrickety

The Fixer
Put some miles on today. Feeling great, just need to drain the coolant and put water in, oil change and change brake fluid and it's ready for track season
I'm glad it's running well. Are you doing open track or are you in some kind of regulated class?

jay745

I'm glad it's running well. Are you doing open track or are you in some kind of regulated class?
Yeah just track days. I don't really care about competing for a trophy, I'm here for the seat time. With the mods I have I'd have to compete in the unlimited class against the monsters and wouldn't have a chance anyways. I like driving against myself, never really cared to compare so many variables with other cars and drivers of various skill levels.

jay745

Lol thinking about it has me laughing...the #vwracers group on fb called me a poser for building a car as much as I did but not competing saying I wasted my money lol. It's apparently justified and you aren't a poser wasting shitloads of money on a car if you get a trophy at the end of a weekend instead of just having a great time 😄

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Lol thinking about it has me laughing...the #vwracers group on fb called me a poser for building a car as much as I did but not competing saying I wasted my money lol. It's apparently justified and you aren't a poser wasting shitloads of money on a car if you get a trophy at the end of a weekend instead of just having a great time 😄
Could not agree more, go forward and enjoy.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
I feel like I fall into that category as well. No where near as much work as your car, but i've also got 0 seconds total seat time on the track so far