GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lets See Your Systems.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
You can say that again... I was just blown away.

I bet it sounds amazing...

It's funny how people don't like the front speakers.... but then once they see them in person it's a different story.

I think they just look a bit temporary or look like they are sitting loose.. You'd have to modify your door trims but i like the moulded look.

plac

GTI Master

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
I suppose I'll post some pics of mine...

Interface: 8" Touchscreen LCD (VGA)

Source: PC with 160GB HD and Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (running XP)

Processor: Kx Project drivers with full DSP control

Amps: PPI Sedona 630IX (circa 1992), Alpine MRP-M500

Speakers: Pioneer 305DVC 12" sub, Phoenix Gold RSD 6.5's (midbass), Dayon RS100's (midrange), and Infinity 105t's (tweet).

And how it all looks when the hatch floor is in:

Also, my PC interface in the "switch" panel near the shifter:

Build is totally budget oriented and centered around the CarPC. I've got everything on it now. Sirius, web radio, internet, MP3 playback, video playback, Garmin GPS, FM radio and build in web browsing. I spent very little on the equipment, but if you listened, you'd never know it. The sound card in the PC coupled with the Kx driver and the old school (quality) PPI amp give me a great sound stage and excellent sound quality. I'm using time alignment, phase controls, EQ, and driver matching (levels) now. Plus the 3-way setup really brought my staging to were I wanted it. No rear fill either.

Everything is done stealth as possible to preserve the OEM look. The only thing that you see is the subwoofer and the sub amp on the back of the seat, which sits behind the woofer so you don't even see that really. Speakers are all in OEM positions, hatch floor is raised a bit to fit the PC and PPI amp, and the screen is in a custom made bezel that fits into the OEM double din slot. Also, since these pictures were taken, I've cleaned up all the wiring and made a case for the PC that still fits under the hatch flooring.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
A few of mine, not much to see as it's pretty stealth. Dynaudio 362 System, IDQ10 Stealthed, 8 Channel active with 2x Arc KS 125.4 Mini's, Arc KS 500.1 Mini & Audison Bit One. The skoda OEM BT & iPod MDI are very functional.

Thinking of taking it all out or down sizing and using the passives as i can't really be bothered with it anymore.

plac

GTI Master
Also, my PC interface in the "switch" panel near the shifter:

omg... why do you have to give me ideas.. wonder if my ARC sub knob would fit into one of those blank switches. I hate having to reach under my dash to get to it. although... it is more stealth this way.. hmmmm..

naw... if it was there, the dealer visits would have the valet kids messing with it and stuff.. if my car ever goes to the dealer i take my RCA cables with me.. lol.. i spent too much time perfecting this tuning to have them blast it and blow my speakers..

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
omg... why do you have to give me ideas.. wonder if my ARC sub knob would fit into one of those blank switches. I hate having to reach under my dash to get to it. although... it is more stealth this way.. hmmmm..

naw... if it was there, the dealer visits would have the valet kids messing with it and stuff.. if my car ever goes to the dealer i take my RCA cables with me.. lol.. i spent too much time perfecting this tuning to have them blast it and blow my speakers..

I thought about that but better to leave it stock looking.

But if its set to a maximum gain on the amp, the remote shouldn't go higher and blow your speakers should it? I'm stuffing around with my levels at the moment, and with the sub anything more than balanced it doesn't sound right. Funny how your ears mature, but still like a lot of mid bass hitting hard but the subs role isn't that important, just gives that bit more body in the bottom end.

tulz43

Ready to race!
I always pull my fuse when I take the car in anywhere. Stops the PC from booting up and that way I don't have to worry about anyone messing with it.

Nice... I have yet to take mine in with my system but I'll just take the faceplate off. 10k service is coming up! (purchased in Feb)

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
I doubt the dealers over here would crank the system but better to be safe i guess. I usually take it to a mecanic i trust anyway. I can just flip the switch on the circuit breaker and turn the amps off as well.

timebomb0220

Taxi GLI
Car(s)
Jetta GLI
sorry for such big pictures!

Kenwood double din d510(i think)? or something like that.
Dvd Player
Ipod/Iphone cable
USB
Bluetooh capable
GPS Capable

2 10" Cerwin Vega V-MAX's 600RMS 1200PEAK Each
1.0 Cubic Feet Ported Box
2400 Watt Power Akoustik 2 channel amp
4 Farad Aluminum Boss Capcitor.

There loud.REAL loud:cool:

Attachments

• DSC_0037.jpg
    DSC_0037.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 7,775
  • DSC_0038.jpg
    DSC_0038.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 7,747
  • DSC_0051.jpg
    DSC_0051.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 7,762

Tpass

Ready to race!
Car(s)
08 BMP 6M GTI
A few of mine, not much to see as it's pretty stealth. Dynaudio 362 System, IDQ10 Stealthed, 8 Channel active with 2x Arc KS 125.4 Mini's, Arc KS 500.1 Mini & Audison Bit One. The skoda OEM BT & iPod MDI are very functional.

Thinking of taking it all out or down sizing and using the passives as i can't really be bothered with it anymore.

Wow, Sorry you can't just enjoy your system after all the work...Maybe get some new music???

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Wow, Sorry you can't just enjoy your system after all the work...Maybe get some new music???

Yeah new music helps, have come across a bit this year and the system makes you want to play cds or well recorded albums! But apple lossless is usually good enough. I really like it now, just needed to sort out the tuning a bit.

What do you mean can't really be bothered with it anymore? Looks pretty finished to me? Picking music getting to hard? :biggrin:

It's pretty much finished although still sorting out a turn on pop/ battery drain thing with using the Bit One and that HU. Need to make a new floor with some vents for the amps (one got a bit hot and turned off on a long drive) and still want to make some slight adjustments to the time alignment.

Sounding fantastic though, just sometimes get the shits as it gear ties up a bit of money but no point selling it for a great loss. Could use another amp for the tweeters/mids for more volume but goes quite loud before any distortion and plenty for me i think.

The cables could also use a tidy up under the amp rack to make sure there are no rattles, just sitting on the boot floor. Got some new clips for the doors and sills which i'll put on once i know it wont have to come apart again. May fit the mk6 rotating camera as well.

Cheers guys.

Last edited: