GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Letter/Petition to VWOA: Cam Follower Issue

Do you think VW should fix this issues via recall or some other means?

• Yes

Votes: 531 97.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 2.2%

• Total voters

GTIWV

WV VW
Just replace the cam follower every 20k miles. thats what im doing, i just replaced it the other day.

I still cant comphrend why people wont spend $42 on a part as preventative instead of just waiting for it to go when they know it will eventually happen

Car(s)
08 VW GTI GKV
Just replace the cam follower every 20k miles. thats what im doing, i just replaced it the other day.

I still cant comphrend why people wont spend $42 on a part as preventative instead of just waiting for it to go when they know it will eventually happen

It's not that people don't replace it, it's the fact that the enthusiast community is trying to get VW to acknowledge and fess up to the problem. How many 2.0 FSI's are driven by your average consumer that is not in the know? It needs to be checked and watched plain and simple. When they reach the point of no return they get fucked and will more than likely be out of warranty.

BranCKY3

rubndub
Car(s)
2007 GTI

It's just like the timing belt / water pump in the 1.8t's, sure it says 105,000 miles in the manual but chances are it's going to snap and bend valves around 70,000 miles. At least that was in the manual though... all they need to do is send out an addendum to the owner's manual that says "Hey, check the cam follower every 20,000 miles, replace as needed."

They sent an addition out for the damn sunroof drains, why can't they do it for this?

g60_corrado_91

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2006 GTI 6MT Pkg 1
took mine in to have it inspected and dealer voided my warranty because I had a "chip" boo, his. remind me why I love these cars so much? sigh, dealer network sucks , cars are cool, but this stuff needs sorted out

On your 2010 A5? That doesn't have the TSI 2.0T? They voided it completely through Audi USA or just through their dealership? That definitely sucks if it's through the Audi network because then it's red flagged at every dealership.