GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Light Painting Thread

justAverage

justAverage Photography
Car(s)
GTI
That thing looks like it has really solid potential!
Any plans to do something to diffuse the light so you don't have stripes on the paintwork? Ie: white cloth to smooth it out so it looks more the reflection of a soft box?

Not sure yet, here is anther shot I did still before the shield I made and there is less stripes on the car. It really depends on the angle and reflection. I am gunna try it as is and see how it turns out from there. But I'll definitely keep the idea in mind if I get stripes in the reflection still

IG: @justAverageMKV

justAverage

justAverage Photography
Car(s)
GTI

These are the results of adding a shield to my homemade light wand as seen above. Now to just loose the streaks on the car and we will be all set ?

justAverage

justAverage Photography
Car(s)
GTI
Do you have a polarizer filter? That may help some.

I don't currently, but the lines are from the led wand I made if you check a few posts back in this thread. I need to find a way to soften them a bit and get an even tone rather than the individual LEDs creating the lines in the reflection

Barrett

veeeeeduuub
Car(s)
08 GTI MKV
I don't currently, but the lines are from the led wand I made if you check a few posts back in this thread. I need to find a way to soften them a bit and get an even tone rather than the individual LEDs creating the lines in the reflection

I'd say all you need for that is some white parchment paper or just some opaque plastic sheets.

dbgti

Say whaaa?
Went out and took some test shots, havent tried this in a while. I need a brighter light source.

Non MKV Content, quick edits.

Barrett

veeeeeduuub
Car(s)
08 GTI MKV
^may not be an extremely bright light source but it still looks cool!

Clipse

4 Doors Fit More Whores!
Car(s)
09 VW GLI
Had fun getting more photography practice in today, and did a quick shot on the way home tonight...

Clipse

4 Doors Fit More Whores!
Car(s)
09 VW GLI
So much editing it looks like its a render.