GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

M4P to MP3?

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
I am gonna get flak for mentioning this, but oh well...

If you aren't already, you use iTunes to burn the files as an Audio CD and then rip them back as MP3... OR, you can download a "virtual cd" program (I use VirtualCD8) which will create a virtual drive which you can burn to, then rip the CD back into iTunes as an MP3. It takes a fraction of the time to burn a real CD and uses only harddisk space.

Does that make sense.

GTIandMCS

Hi guys, no more CD changer or IPOD in my car. I am using the device which is plug in to my cigarette lighter and pair the frequency with my radio. At the moment i'm using 1GB pendrive which is stored about 300 songs.
Photos,

0003hn7.th.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

vladimiros78

Hi mate and hello to everyboby i am a new member.Very nice forum!!!

Some questions about this device.

Where did you bought this device ?
How is the quality of the sound?
How much did it cost you?
How does this works with subfolders and tag names?
How much memory in GB does it support?

GTIandMCS

Hi thanks for reply, Well I'm from Thailand and bought it in Thailand for USD31. The sound quality is very good no different from our CD changer. They different model in the market, even you could get them with the remote control. You can see the tag names on the LCD. It depend on you thumdrive. at the moment I'm using 1GB which is stored about 300 songs. soon I will get the 2GB thumdrive for more songs.
sorry my Inglish really terrible!

Hi mate and hello to everyboby i am a new member.Very nice forum!!!

Some questions about this device.

Where did you bought this device ?
How is the quality of the sound?
How much did it cost you?
How does this works with subfolders and tag names?
How much memory in GB does it support?

stangg172006

____ like a Rabbit.
Car(s)
'08 Rabbit S
FM transmitter? those things are a joke, they dont work well and the quality is crap. My friend bought a high end one for about 100, i believe it was Monster, and it actually burnt out while in use and resulted in smoke pouring into his car.

As far as the mp4 to mp3 goes, itunes has an option in the settings that lets you change your files to mpr but to be honest i have no idea how to do it

<--hates apple and iTunes

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
when you right click on a song in itunes, there is a convert to mp3 option. do it

GTIandMCS

Well, to be honest with you a few of my friends using it for quite a long time with no problem and they happy with the stuff. Maybe your friend one in ten unlucky person. :biggrin:

FM transmitter? those things are a joke, they dont work well and the quality is crap. My friend bought a high end one for about 100, i believe it was Monster, and it actually burnt out while in use and resulted in smoke pouring into his car.

As far as the mp4 to mp3 goes, itunes has an option in the settings that lets you change your files to mpr but to be honest i have no idea how to do it

<--hates apple and iTunes

notsolinear

Takes his fast for rides
the M4P extension is for AAC audio protected with Apple's fairplay DRM (encryption) which means you bought it from the iTunes Music Store. Due to restrictions imposed by the recording industry you cannot simply convert it to MP3 using the normal right-click and "Convert to..." command in iTunes, because the music is protected. I believe you can burn them as an audio-cd and then re-rip it, but you'd have to re-add all the artist info tags.

.M4A is the extension for AAC audio that YOU ripped yourself, without the fairplay DRM. You can convert that to MP3 in iTunes and then burn the MP3s as an MP3 cd.

I just usually burn real audio CDs so I don't have to compromise about what I mix together, purchased and ripped. Got the six-changer anyways so there's plenty of room.