GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Parking manoeuvre unavailable on start up

DH5Golf

Evening.... First post but it's time to find out if this is a common issue.

I've got a Mk8 R Line Golf 70 plate and since around March it's developed an intermittent parking manoeuvre unavailable error on start up. If you turn the car off and straight back on again the error goes.

The dealer has had it 5 times now including one where the media unit was changed, but the fault still exists. On the last one they said an error came up on the system, and they cleaned the 'camera' and that removed the fault. Tested and was okay.....two days later the fault reappears.

Anyone had similar and how was it eventually sorted out?

Cheers.

DH5Golf

I also have this problem, it's very annoying. Did you manage to get it fixed?
Thanks,
Morning.... Honestly it took around 10 different visits to the dealer to get it sorted.
In the end after numerous attempts it came down to a battery fault and a new one being fitted. Touch wood that seems to have sorted it.

oddfuture

I also have this problem. For me, it only occurs when the car has been sitting for a few days AND I start the car without first turning on the ignition (start button without clutch pedal pressed).

So the "solution" for me is to first turn on the ignition, wait a couple of seconds and then turn on the engine, no errors! :)
Haven't been bothered to bring it to the dealership yet, when this "workaround" works for me.

Good to know that a new battery seems to have fixed it for you!