GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Porsche 17Z and pair 18Z from Q7

laminated

Passed Driver's Ed
have a southern pair of Porsche 17Z and a pair of 18Z's from the Touareg / Q7's
175 for 17's plus ship and paypal fees
180 for 18's. plus plus
located central Fl Ad will come down on April 14th.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
If I'm not mistaken.....to run the 18z calipers.....you need mercedes rotors and totally different knuckles.....

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Golf TDI has steel knuckles. I ran 17z's on mine for a while. Can confirm, Mercedes rotors needed. I don't know if the TSI has steel knuckles or if it has aluminum knuckles but with 50 mm struts. If it's the steel knuckles, the TSI could probably run 17z or 18z. It's a definite no-go for the aluminum knuckles on the GTI/R though.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Golf TDI has steel knuckles. I ran 17z's on mine for a while. Can confirm, Mercedes rotors needed. I don't know if the TSI has steel knuckles or if it has aluminum knuckles but with 50 mm struts. If it's the steel knuckles, the TSI could probably run 17z or 18z. It's a definite no-go for the aluminum knuckles on the GTI/R though.
I think mk6 knuckles work….i need to go check my notes. Got halfway through this proj and scrapped it

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I think mk6 knuckles work….i need to go check my notes. Got halfway through this proj and scrapped it
I believe you're right. Someone on this forum went to MK6 R knuckles on a 7 R and ran either the 17 or 18z, I'll find the thread.

Couldn't find that thread with the Golf R but here's a thread for an Alltrack which is the same as far knuckles, and has way more detail than the thread I was thinking of...
https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...allation-on-mk7-questions-about-rears.388644/

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
Pics of the setups?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yeah it’s just a LOT to do just to run 18z calipers….lots of kits for cheaper with just a little less bling

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Pics of the setups?
IMG_5956.png

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
That's the pair of 18z that is for sale?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Yes. Tsi is steel knuckles afaik

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
It’s what they said they were 🤷🏼‍♂️

khail19

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
17Z and 18Z are one piece and they mount directly to the knuckle. The ones in the pictures have an adapter bracket, and the shape is very different.

These are 17Z from my old Audi A3.

Attachments

• 1713546592818.png
    1713546592818.png
    823.8 KB · Views: 8