GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project Re-badging

well i'm the kind of person who, when i want something i have to have it asap. yes, that sometimes ends up biting me in the ass. but the way i see it, it may have cost me 50 bucks to get replicas, but they're just badges, easily replacable. for the time being, i have the look that i want.
Here are some pics.

Attachments

• DSC01409.jpg
    DSC01409.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 1,153
  • DSC01412.jpg
    DSC01412.jpg
    124.6 KB · Views: 1,114
  • DSC01415.jpg
    DSC01415.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 1,086
  • DSC01416.jpg
    DSC01416.jpg
    249.1 KB · Views: 1,078

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
aye, they did come out quite well!

Thanks everyone. now i need to change my signature since i've gotten the eyelids and the badges changed.

dennykrane

Autocross Champion
i was about to order the badges to do the same thing when i saw the thread. at least now i know they look good. i wonder how they will look on a tr though. im going ot have to find out. :thumbup:

i didn't have a problem with tmtuning. took about two weeks to recieve from overseas. if you don't mind the red part being stickers, for the price i was pleased. maybe you should talk to carn, he says he can get original.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
KevinFastMkV said:
how come the 25th anniversary GTI front grill emblem shows on tmtuning isnt red??

the 25th AE GTI was the special edition in Europe, it was equivalent to our 2002 337 edition GTI, which had the chrome badges like you are seeing on tmtuning. the 25th AE badge doesnt have the little rabbit either, for obvious reasons.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
looks great junior...i've only seen the 20th AE badges on a black one before yours, it looks even better on CW :thumbsup:

KevinFastMkV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Carn said:
HaHaHa.....it's because you bought the replica badges that they aren't the same size. Eish buddy that sucks, especially considering the original VW items can be had for $50, you just need to shop around. Someone I know also bought the badges from TM Tuning only to find out exactly the same thing you did. I am able to source the originals for anyone interested.

can i get one?:biggrin:

KevinFastMkV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
so beside tmtuning, is there anywhere else that i can get the red enblem??im interest in the front grill emblem more than the back gti emblem.

irebound

Digital Driver
Car(s)
06 BMP GTI
Carn said:
HaHaHa.....it's because you bought the replica badges that they aren't the same size. Eish buddy that sucks, especially considering the original VW items can be had for $50, you just need to shop around. Someone I know also bought the badges from TM Tuning only to find out exactly the same thing you did. I am able to source the originals for anyone interested.

i would like one. please let me know. thanx