GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 KW SHS HPA suspension installed and road impressions

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
who can service and repair these coils in Australia? do they have local support?

WhiteJames

Fun Nazi
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI MKV
East Coast Suspension, Kirrawee/Sutherland is the National Austalia Distributor for KW. They do all things suspension.

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
East Coast Suspension, Kirrawee/Sutherland is the National Austalia Distributor for KW. They do all things suspension.
cheers james!!

frenchie got me really interested in his set. crunching some numbers to see if i should get em LOL

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
^If it's the SHS... i'd be very surprised if the Australian service guys will warrant/support them. They're not sold locally so there's not likely to be any support. KW V1-3 if you bought locally, expect local support.

WhiteJames

Fun Nazi
Car(s)
VW Golf GTI MKV
^Right you are Jester_Fu. Any warranty claims are between the purchaser & seller. Dept of Fair Trading acknowleges that online international purchases are subject to the same rules as local purchases ... but the practicality of of enforcing legislation abroad is difficult. On the other hand; the inquiry into why my origianl Koni FSD lifted the rear end of my GTI is still ongoing; depsite the local rep offering to sell me a KW V3 in the interim. Alternatively ... if you want the HPA KW SHS rebuilt or re-valved after 150,000KM, your local guy may be able to organise this at your cost ex-warranty. Additionally, if you're in a situation like Tinto was recently, where he traded in GT in for a Pirelli GTI, he purchased new front springs to suit the GTI while keeping the old dampers & rear springs from the traded in GT. Having said this ... the valving of the HPA KW SHS would be a closely guarded secret, I'd imagine.

Cheers.
WJ

Big Yellow

I'm Big and i'm Yellow!
Car(s)
MY09 VW Golf R32 DSG
ahhhhhhh more dilemmas!!!

looks like local may be the way to go. i guess in the end you pay for product and support!

Jester_Fu

My Name is Angela.
Car(s)
Daytona Grey TT RS
You sure do. That said, i was one of the first in Aus to get the SHS kit from HPA and i've got no complaints. I doubt you'll find any complaints from anyone on a KW product they've purchased. All dealings with HPA i've had are very good so i doubt there's be a problem getting warranty - you'd just need to foot the freight bill to Canada etc. I think AP Mitchell is setting up distro rights with HPA for Aus... so maybe it's worth talking to him about the SHS kit??

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
ahhhhhhh more dilemmas!!!

looks like local may be the way to go. i guess in the end you pay for product and support!

The Sachs have great local support, mike weber had one replaced under warranty and they do them somewhere on the south side.. Surprised no one has bought knievils yet, they are a bit more adjustable but have never been for a ride.

Wipperman

Ready to race!
Car(s)
`
The Sachs have great local support, mike weber had one replaced under warranty and they do them somewhere on the south side.. Surprised no one has bought knievils yet, they are a bit more adjustable but have never been for a ride.

Triple 8 racing and engineering do Sachs Disti in Brisbane. Guy harding was doing testing of the VW/ Audi stuff for them at one stage.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Triple 8 racing and engineering do Sachs Disti in Brisbane. Guy harding was doing testing of the VW/ Audi stuff for them at one stage.

Local support is good, would probably get Sachs next time, but mine are great for the streets (the body roll on the front end is a little bit more than i'd like but did raise it a few mm and have the sway set on soft). Too soft for the track as are the SHS, but not tracking this as it's pointless :wink:.