GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo K04 with RS4 injectors tune

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
It seems that Revo switched from RS4´s to S3 injectors for their K04 tune for some time now, according to their US sales representative....i can find posts from 2011 stating that there is not any S3 injectors file in the US or Canada, and that any change in that would only create a problem from a perfectly fine RS4 injectors tune....

Back when i tuned my car up to Stage 2+ (stage by stage) the files came from the US, so i would guess for my region we would get the same files as in the US, now he said that my car doesnt have a US ecu (my ECU 1K0907115P), and i cant get that file, also that REVO doesnt sell the K04/RS4 tune any more.

Is there any way to get the file?:mad0259::mad0259:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5311601-For-the-REVO-STG-III-K04-guys

apollosfury

designeddwk
When I contacted them about my k04 set up, I also asked about injectors because I know they used to tune for RS4 injectors. He told me that they still have the RS4 K04 files but they are only for people who already had that tune from a long time ago and that it hadn't been updated for a least a few years. He said that any new K04 cars would need the newer tune, designed to work with S3 injectors.

That doesn't really help much, but if you contact them and give them your ecu, they should be able to tell you which tune you need.

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Thanks for the reply, i did sent them my ecu PN, termination P is for Mexico market, i believe for the US is H....so he says for my ecu they never tuned for RS4 injectors anyway and if i want to run Revo i should install S3 injectors....thing is, i had the RS4's installed for a long time struggling with a custom tune, now that i want to make the switch it is not possible.

I am a Revo customer since 2011 or something according to my dealer, so what do you mean by have the tune for long time ago? Probably for a reflash of old customer who might need it.

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
At this point you may as well try Eurodyne if you want to pay out the ass. It hands you a few select maps on a platter and I think they have all the tables you need to make RS4s run well. Since you have W/M you're probably giving up a decent amount of power with the off the shelf Revo tune.

apollosfury

designeddwk
Honestly I'd just sell the rs4 injectors and get s3. The rs4 tune it's no longer available unless you already have it and need to be re flashed

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
I was planning on tuning with the SPS, timing and boost can be adjusted by a decent amount.

Car currently has the custom tune that Celtic Tuning sent a few weeks back, it made 317whp and almost 360wtq, car feels fast, im dialing the WG and boost spike down with a MBC so the car is driveable and only boost to around 25psi, but the current requested boost curve is kind of low so it only commands for 16-17psi around redline, wqs hopping for a better boost curve with Revo K04 tune, will see, i will have to look for the cheaper alternative, labor for injector replacement is on the cheap side here, the injectors cost/availability is the problem, RS4's are good AFAIK, but i will need a new tune to get the car right tho, right now i can hang with some fast cars already tho, im kind of happy with it finally after months of struggling with the my local tuner and two different custom tune brands (remotely tuned from Europe....).

Fernas

Mexibahn Native
Car(s)
MKV GLI "Red Baron"
Last week i beat a 2011 focus RS that made 337whp on the same dyno, very cool car, Diablosport tuned Caliber SRT4, AMG 2008 C63 (not exactly sure of the model), it has the 6.3 V8 NA engine, Charger SRT8 6.1 with some mods, able to hang with my buddy's 5.0 mustang, altitude helps against NA cars tho.