GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

something wrong with my Evoms/BSH Bulletproof DV kit again?

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
please read post #6 too,

so ive had problems with it earlier, the same as many of you have experienced
- revs hang
- RPM fluctuation while driving ( similar to a fuel cut)

however like many of you i contacted BSH and got my self a new elbow(a.k.a changed the MAF location) ... the problem was solved and i was happy with the car

but just last week i took it to the dealer for another problem (oil & water Mixing), so they changed 2 oil coolers and the radiator fan, and since i got the car back from the dealer it started acting weird again,

the fuel cut like symptoms are back again :frown: but with no rev hangs

i have cleaned the intake and tightened all the clamps of the intake and the routing kit, the car now feels just a tad better but the symptoms are still present

- could the dealer have misplaced something? because im sure the removed the intake/routing kit in the process of fixing the other problem?
- or is it that the MAF sensor itself faulty and not its loaction this time?
- could it be spark plugs? or throttle body?

please guys chime in and help me, i cant seem to enjoy my ride for a few months without a problem occuring :mad:

Last edited:

leviathan18

Ready to race!
maf plugged in ? or maybe cam follower, i think a vag com scan will give us more info

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
unfortunately i dont have access to a vag-com, but i did take it to the dealer to check for faults, i had no fuel related faults ! i had one sparodic Intake fault, i asked them to give me a copy but they couldnt at that time :S so i dont know what it is for sure,

and yes the MAF is plugged in

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
but im guessing it's the same fault ive had before "intake manifold runner control ... basic setting not carried out"

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
update: i took it to a guy(who owns a shop) and seems to understand about these cars .... he unplugged the line between the DV and the V-Twin, he said that RPMS should jump up and down if he does this, and that its surely a leak cause RPMS didnt rise and fall,

so ill take it tomorrow to his shop and hopefully get the leak fixed, i just pray to god its just a leak and nothing serious

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
ok guys, i really need some help

my car has been in and out of garages for the last month :frown:

- intake manifold gasket was replaced.
- 1 coil was replaced.
- both the garage and the dealer say that there are no leaks in the DV routing.

anyways i noticed that my car makes a weird noise now, its a deep noise when moving in very low RPMS ... from 1k to 2.5K maybe then it goes away.... and when im in D mode and stationary(my foot obviosly on the brakes), the brake pedal vibrates.

the turbo sound flutters so much more Yes it sounds "cool", but it is an indication that there is definately something wrong with the air flow, in my older thread somebody suggested that the block on the original DV is not blocking well?

i'm 100% positive that the dealer didnt install everything correctly after replacing my oil coolers, i just dont know where the problem is exactly.

i have no VAG-COM but the garage i took it to, said that he plugged the computer and my car was running rich, im a N00b and just quoting what he said "the air-flow is well till 3k RPM and then fuel starts to become much more than the air which means you are leaking somewhere" .......... but then he checked the piping with no leaks.

of course the stealership called me today and said "we dont know what wrong, this is an outside job" .......... so im going tomorrow morning to the dealer, and try to explain to them the BSH DV kit, and tell them to make sure that the stock DV is perfectly blocked !

one more thing ill check is there is any fuel code, could it be the regulator or the follower(i thought these would definately throw a code ! )

any more info PLEASE HELP ... i know i have so many "pleae help" threads !! but what can i do, i have so many problems with my car :(

Mataleao9380

Ready to race!
One other thing to check: make sure the clamp around the Evoms intake is not too tight. Since it is made of plastic, once it heats up, it becomes more malleable and thus under the pressure of an over-tightened clamp, it will actually deform and cause a leak.

Also look at the rest of the silicone couplers and make sure they are also on there securely.

Last edited:

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
^ thanks, ill check that all clamps are tightened with the right amount

07Noside

Banned
You have an 06 which makes your car a bit older, yes I know thanks cpt obvious right !? lol what I'm getting at is you have no mention of ever checking the high pressure fueling components. Now if you have the rest will not apply.

How many miles have you put on your car?

You said you thought the cam follower will throw a code. Well actually I'm telling you that it will not untill your hpfp, and cam are severly scorn. I mean completely demolished to where it cant keep up fuel requirements because again believe it or not I've pulled the following hpfp from a car that did not throw a fuel code

Even with rail pressure logs prior to pulling looked like this

Now fueling will effect most noticeably boost, rough start ups, rough idle, oil smelling like gas, and most commonly a rich off idle soft code.

here is a well written DIY, with pictures of what to look for. As always if you have any specific questions on the DIY removal and installation or anything else, feel free to post here and Ill reply or send me a pm I have worked with all MY06-08 cars and there differences in the procedure.
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3750088

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but to me I'd very well think that this is your problem.

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
thanks man, i really apreciate it

the car is at the delaer currently, and yes they have not checked the fuel components, all they did was check for faults in the ecu, i will go to the dealer tomorrow and have a talk with the technitians working on my car.

07Noside

Banned
thanks man, i really apreciate it

the car is at the delaer currently, and yes they have not checked the fuel components, all they did was check for faults in the ecu, i will go to the dealer tomorrow and have a talk with the technitians working on my car.

Dont know how your dealers work, but in the US from reports they will not look at anything unless you are throwing a fault code. It never hurts to ask but if they tell you what I've told you about throwing a code, unless you want to fork over some labor rates just take it home and do it yourself, the whole thing is pretty simple if you know your way at least half way around a tool box :thumbsup:

Good luck!

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
i think i can get them to work on it, it would take less than an hour right?

so labour wont be so bad, and perhaps i wont even need to pay for it.

but IF the follower was worn out, and they asked too much $ ill surely buy the part and take it home,

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
so i got the dealer to look at my follower .. they say its good

Is It?

Attachments

• DSC06788.JPG
    DSC06788.JPG
    139.7 KB · Views: 218

07Noside

Banned
Yea its in fine working order. Actually if that is your originaly cam follower on an 06 Id be interested in the mileage of the car because that actually looks pretty good to me! albeit a bit worn but not completely yet.

If you want to try troubleshooting on your own you would really need to get a vag com and run some logs to see what is going on because I'm just about out of ideas ATM for things you can physically check.

Sorry bud, but I guess it is back to the drawing boards!

GTI 2.0T

Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
mkv GTI
im at 139,000 KMS (86k Miles) ........ but the follower was replaced more than 2 years ago, cant really tell what mlage i was at back then but im guessing 40k Miles or So

i took a new V-twin to them to install (they said ithe old one was leaking),and told them to make sure the o-ring on the stock DV is properly installed

i will have the car with me in an hour or so

ill keep you guys updated

P.S Thank you 07Noside for all the help :thumbsup: