GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

The Official "I got screwed by my stealership" Thread!

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
Title says it all:

Give dealership name and location...and tell us why they should never get anymore business from us!

Hopefully if this actually takes off, at least us enthusiasts will know where to go if we ever need warranty work and such. Maybe then the bad dealerships will go away :biggrin:

oh and BTW...gotta give credit where credit is due, this was originally DanSan's idea...

EDIT again: also put good dealerships in here as well...as Roca did below

Last edited:

Roca

REVOed
Car(s)
CC
BAD:
Automobiles Niquet
1917, Boul. Sir Wilfred Laurier
St-Bruno, J3V 4P6 Québec
Tél.: 514-990-0783
Tél.: 450-653-1553
Fax: 450-653-1653

GOOD:
Duval Volkswagen Inc.
588 Place Trans-Canada
Longueuil, QC J4G 1P1
Tél.: (450) 679-0890
Fax.: (450) 679-7188

Roca

REVOed
Car(s)
CC
BAD:
Niquet in st-bruno
Arbour
Des Sources
Rimar

GOOD:
Audi popular
St-Eustache
Vaudreuil
Volkswagen St-hyacinthe
Lauzon
St-Jerome
Nordest Volks
Des Sources
Prestige

F37150

orange crush
Car(s)
Fahrenheit GTI
Might be a good idea to indicate why a dealership is bad, what was the experience that took place.

OP should update the good/bad list in the first post (although don't have to indicate the experience). Users can read through the posts to see what kind of experience someone had with the dealership. Having just the names and location of the dealerships in the OP post will make it easier for searches.

Roca

REVOed
Car(s)
CC
my list is from a gathering of people, so I cant state why, but mine Niquet is cause they give shitty service and wanna make you pay for warranty work...

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Dorschel Volkswagen, Rochester NY

they will take 4 hours on warranty work and give you your car without doing anything but clearing the code. Numerous times i've turned around in their parking lot because i immediately noticed that they didn't fix ANYTHING!

Vincent Volkswagen, Rochester NY

Threatened to void my warranty over the phone. enough said.

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
yes, please... list why they are good or bad. also why u went into that dealership and what needed to be done and what did they exactly do.

also rabbit, i think it would be easier for everyone (if this thread does become multiple pages) if you edit ur original post and add everyones dealership to a master list in ur post, wish i could edit ur posts or id do it all myself lol. this way all people have to do is find their dealership and then if they want to read up about it they can find the post detailing why its good/bad?

if you do that, i guess the easiest way would be to list the dealerships by state or by alphabetical order?

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
a GTI.
to those that said to update in the original post, i'll do that when i have a little more time tomorrow. and yes, i did intend for those that posted to indicate why a dealership is good/bad...sorry if i didn't communicate that clearly

tranceporter

F**K YOU CAM FOLLOWERS
Car(s)
'08 BMP GTI
BAD

VW of Freehold
Route 9, Freehold New Jersey

long story short, i caught a tech joy riding in my car aggressively. i'm in the middle of talking to vwoa and the dealership to sort everything out. :mad0259:

Last edited:

ReflexMkV

mmmm Horse Pop
i caught a tech joy riding in my car aggressively.

That was a road test...chill. lol j/j

The Bad
Kuhn VW
Took here because of clunking noise in 1st gear when I took my foot off the throttle, Told me my car had problems it didn't and I'd have to come out of pocket because of my short shifter. :iono:

The Good
Reeves VW
Took here after Kuhn tried to fuck me, problem was my cat rubbing on a heat shield. They adjusted it, and no more noise.

Also had another issue with Kuhn but if I start talking about it blood will shoot out of my eyes. They suck, nuff said.

NewaveRide

LOLOMGWTFEUROVERATED
Car(s)
07 VW Rabbit 2-door
VERY BAD:
Brown's Volkswagen of Richmond Virginia

The story-
so i took my car in to get the standard 35k service before i move. the paint was chipping off of my drivers side switches so i told them they needed to order the switches so they could be in for the replacement. i took my car in and when i picked it up they told me i had to come back cause they had to order the switches. apparently that was hard enough to do in advance after i told them they needed to do it.

well a few days later im driving around and my brakes start grinding. i called up the stealership and asked them what the hell. i just had my car serviced and i paid them to do all the work, but they couldnt check the brakes? they told me they did and it must be something else. well i took it in again and they took care of the switches finally, and they told me i was right that the brakes were done along with the rotors now. i had to pay for the pads but since they messed up they paid for the rotors.

Just to top things off-
well a week later after im moved up in PA, im driving around and start smelling brakes. going into reverse seemed really stubborn and shifts were a lot rougher. i wasnt far from home so i continued back there only to find out that my caliper bolt is missing and the brakes are done again. the caliper was barely hanging on locking up the brakes. because of this i had to get my car towed to the closest dealership (John Wynn is Norristown, PA (great dealership)) which is about 30 mins away and left me carless for 2 days.

my car is now fixed but what if my caliper fell completely off when i was driving. browns did cover the damages but that whole situation was ridiculous and dangerous. i have never seen such a poorly ran company. a law suit is now in the works

Attachments

• caliper.jpeg
    caliper.jpeg
    18 KB · Views: 440