GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Tinted Windshield?

Audiopulse

Gotta Jibboo
Car(s)
GTI
So my car has a 35% tint. I'm thinking about getting my windshield tinted in 50%. How much of a difference do you think this will actually make, has anyone done it? Would it make my 35% look a tad darker in direct sunlight, or no noticeable difference at all?

Goodz

Ready to race!
Getting my tints redone to 15-20% wondering about this front windshield tint too

ericaWINS

DOOOOOOM
Car(s)
09 DSG gti, black
I've seen a white mkv with 50% windshield, not sure what the windows were. They were collectively dark as shit and pretty awesome looking. Don't know how functional it would be on a DD.
I've had moments where I wish mine were done... But then there are moments when I struggle to see out of my 30% windows.
It's a risk you would have to take.
I'll just stick to my tinted strip .

Sent from my HTCONE

mdbohica

Uh...kinda illegal?

I tint customer cars sometimes and here, there is no faster way to get a cop on your ass than to tint a windshield :paddle:. I will tint the top 1/3 to help with the sun but I won't even consider doing the whole thing. I know it looks cool but we have this thing here called NIGHT that might get in the way.

Just sayin'... :23:

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Tinting the whole windshield makes your side and rear window tint look much darker. I've got a few friends who have 55% front and 5% rear - aka ignorantly blanked out. Can't see anything in the rear at night when trying to maneuver. But no one can see you inside, really.

We also have 35% all around, 55% and 35% on the sides/rear. It's all much darker.

SuperSkyline89

Das Schiesse
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
I have a friend that did it to his Nissan Altima and a brand new Dodge Ram. He had me sit inside both before he actually told me what he did and honestly I didn't even notice it until he told me to get out and look at it from outside. I haven't been inside either one at night so I don't know how hard it is to see through them then. It does make everything else look a lot darker though, I think the reason I didn't notice from inside was because it matched the light levels of the other windows so well it tricked my brain into ignoring it. The Ram is his daily and as far as I know he hasn't been pulled over for it but it's only a matter of time really. During the day it's not that noticeable but whenever I've seen him drive by at night it's like his windshield is solid black from outside so it's guaranteed a cop will notice at some point.