GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TT/S3 alloy arms & swivels Thread

bostonaudi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
1995 BMW M3
TT is the same thickness as the gti spindle. S3/Passat is the only one that is thicker.

The bbk is just a gti kit: http://www.racetechnologies.com/pro...M28051AF6PistonMonoblock355x32mm142PieceDiscs

Whatever APR did to the knuckles let them bolt right on. They really wouldn't tell me what was done / really didn't ask / care as long as it worked.

Getting in contact with them is probably going to be easiest.

Interesting...

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
If you want stock like appearance:

:wink:

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
I really want to swap in the TT spindles w/ TT wheel bearings. Has anyone other than Halvie w/ APR's support figured out how yet?

Carfreak226

Detailer Extraordinaire
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Yeah, powdercoated.

All the bushings need to be pressed out before powdercoating the alloy parts.

This is the elegant variant. I'd really like to see them in different colors.

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Thanks for all the help. It would be really interetsing to see what aluminum parts we could swap into the rear of our car. Do you have any insight on this?

Fancy a rear alu. spindle :biggrin:

FWD
3C0 505 433 K
3C0 505 434 K

Anyone tried the rear alloy hubs?

the bruce

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI Mk.V 2008
Thank you, Jeff !!

TXBDan

Go Kart Champion
Something is really weird here. TT spindles should add 20mm of track width. I'm talking to Tyrolsport about this and that's what they've found. APR didn't respond to my email. Did APR somehow change the track width? Maybe it's the bearings? Whatever you have, I want it!

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
Alright everyone I need a little help. I just received my TT ball joints today so I can install my TT arms hopefully this weekend. For all those that did this DIY did you purchase the OTC tool or did you use a pickle fork. I have yet to purchase the OTC ball joint tool and it wouldn't be here in time for this weekend. Can I get away with a pickle fork?

TXBDan

Go Kart Champion
I really want to figure out how to install TT spindles to the GTI. As i understand it, the only thing in our way is the outter tie rod interface.

Can anyone provide more details on why the interface is incompatible? Can anyone shed any light on how APR or Tyrol sport is doing it? Apparently APR's solution is plugnplay and uses your existing GTI tie rod end and lower ball joint.

I'm about to order a junkyard TT spindle and a GTI tie rod end and get to work figuring this out. I have a machine shop at work who can do any fab work.

Give me all the clues you guys can, and i'll report what i figure out. Thanks!

Talguy

Go Kart Champion
I really want to figure out how to install TT spindles to the GTI. As i understand it, the only thing in our way is the outter tie rod interface.

Can anyone provide more details on why the interface is incompatible? Can anyone shed any light on how APR or Tyrol sport is doing it? Apparently APR's solution is plugnplay and uses your existing GTI tie rod end and lower ball joint.

I'm about to order a junkyard TT spindle and a GTI tie rod end and get to work figuring this out. I have a machine shop at work who can do any fab work.

Give me all the clues you guys can, and i'll report what i figure out. Thanks!

I asked TyrolMike on Vortex about how he did it and he wouldn't say. APR is also willing to machine them for you without the Wheel bearings pressed in for a shit ton as Halvie told me.

so the TT and Golf Balljoints have the same interface to the Hub/Spindle/Swivel/whatever you call it. They differ in how the connect to the control arms. I think one of the problems with they TT Spindles are that they add even more track width vs the GTI spindle. This will cause a problem with the outer Tie Rod end screwing into the tie rod as you will have less usuable threads with a perfect wheel alignment. Less threads screwed into the tie rod end = more potential to strip your outer tierod end off of the tie rod and losing steering of that one wheel.

Thats about all I can recall from all my research but you could just keep pestering TyrolMike about what he did to get it to work.