GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Unitronic Stg 2 vs. APR Stg 2 (FSI Content) Logs, dyno graphs, and my thoughts

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Arin, I see what you're saying about running the turbo harder, but any tune is running it harder than what VW specified. Why else is VW locking down MkVI ECU's so you can't tune them? Another 3psi at 6700 isn't really going to hurt the turbo because Unitronic is hitting 10psi at that rpm vs. 7.25 APR. But peak boost wise, they're both hitting 7-8psi more than VW intended for.

My point was/is if they both make the same power (as shown in your dyno graph), why would you want one that's working the turbo harder if the same power can be achieved by not working the turbo as hard?

As far as cost, you didn't factor in the part where I already paid $650 or whatever (I won't include tax and labor as they all charge that) to get Stg 2. It would cost the $650 plus $300 additional to get the KO4 file, correct? To piece your own KO4 kit I mean.

Well you should also factor in the cost you originally paid for the APR software, so really it's $599 + $650 + $300 (or if you just stuck with us all along it would only be $599 + $300) ; )

apollosfury

designeddwk
nice to see some real data compiled for a comparison. now if only we could get GIAC and Revo compared as well haha.

madmortar

lalala I sing for you
Car(s)
08 GTi
Is it just me or does those logs scream boost leak...

a) you should always at least meet your requested
b) its taking you a long time to reach peak boost
c) your W/G on the uni file looks like garage

I'd do a leak down test on your car and then re-log and once you see cleaner logs re-dyno.

Also, agree about the HPFP...stage 2 tune is very much watered down compared to what it can do with a pump (APR or UNI).

In the end, glad your happy but I think there is more power to be made as I believe you have a leak.

fastgti69

M3 Eater
sub'd. Very good info and review. Corrado, Arin makes a good point with running the turbo harder to achieve the same power as you're showing right here.

07GTI-2.0T

Go Kart Champion
Good now all the idiots who claimed to have switched and picked up a night and day obvious 20 more hp and post bullshit videos on youtube like this (must make 50hp more!) http://youtu.be/KcMxLadw6j4 can finally go to hell and stop recalibrating their ass dyno to justify spending another $600 on a tune after spending $600 on a tune. Even if the hp was down 10hp that particular day at the dyno the difference is still relatively negligible. The hp/tq graph curves look more like the same car run back to back than two different tunes (you can see the dyno was started a few 100rpm earlier on the APR run, otherwise the difference is none to speak of give or take 5-10hp).

Good now all the idiots who claimed to have switched and picked up a night and day obvious 20 more hp and post bullshit videos on youtube like this (must make 50hp more!) http://youtu.be/KcMxLadw6j4 can finally go to hell and stop recalibrating their ass dyno to justify spending another $600 on a tune after spending $600 on a tune. Even if the hp was down 10hp that particular day at the dyno the difference is still relatively negligible. The hp/tq graph curves look more like the same car run back to back than two different tunes (you can see the dyno was started a few 100rpm earlier on the APR run, otherwise the difference is none to speak of give or take 5-10hp).

cool

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk 2