GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Want to learn HDR?

GTIWV

WV VW
tony,

great writeup. i wonder, though, why you don't choose to use bracketing to get your multiple exposures. this way you can eliminate (even with a careful hand) any kind of movement when you are adjusting shutter speed.

is this just a personal preference or have you found through your experience that doing it manually yields better results?

hopefully everyone reads through this and takes notes. we don't want any more over done HDR pictures! they give hdr a bad rep

how would you do the bracketing?

would you just adjust the shutter speed as its taking the pictures?

Jersey UG MKV

Plastidipping Fool
Damn I got to try this, and it can be done with Photoshop and or Photoshop elements?

I have a decent camera (D40) and tripod, but really don't know much about it. Maybe next time im In town to see my parents my wife and I will hit you up

Thanks for the great write up

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
Damn I got to try this, and it can be done with Photoshop and or Photoshop elements?

I have a decent camera (D40) and tripod, but really don't know much about it. Maybe next time im In town to see my parents my wife and I will hit you up

Thanks for the great write up

The "taking pictures" part of my write up can be done with any camera with a manual settings control and a tripod ( yes D40 for sure )

As for the processing, this workflow is intended to be done on photomatix pro 2.3.3

Contact me ahead of time if you are interested in a workshop - PM me and ill give you details of what I offer and an Idea of my availability.

Hope this is helpful to some of you :)

ruffellprefley

get it?
Car(s)
08 GTI
how would you do the bracketing?

would you just adjust the shutter speed as its taking the pictures?

it depends on your camera.

bracketing on mine (nikon d200) is a button option to set how many pictures to take (and at what exposure interval). to get it to take them all automatically is then a menu option. it takes as many pictures as you specify and how much time in between each picture.

TOE_FAST

www.TonyScavo.com
Car(s)
2007 MKV Fahrenheit
Just finished one... not my favorite though.

Honestly though, I think it looks pretty good, solid exposure, tonal range is even, no halo'ing around the building, no noise, and it looks like its NOT an HDR or Tone Mapped to death.

Go ahead and try it with some more intense settings, run the sliders deeper then compare the two...i think most will prefer the scaled down version once they see the difference.

soze

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Something Else
Honestly though, I think it looks pretty good, solid exposure, tonal range is even, no halo'ing around the building, no noise, and it looks like its NOT an HDR or Tone Mapped to death.

Go ahead and try it with some more intense settings, run the sliders deeper then compare the two...i think most will prefer the scaled down version once they see the difference.

I used AEB at -2,-1,0,1,2.

As far as it not being my favorite, it has more to do with the composition. There were too many signs and trees for me to try to hide behind the car. And I'm not exactly happy with the angle of the car either.

Whiteboy88

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
08 VW GTI DSG
Just finished one... not my favorite though.

here if this helps any.. photoshop allows you to mess around with shadows and highlights and then you can do some extra minor hue/saturation work and there you have it

must agree the image is very solid. lots of detail no grain. i just depands on what your going for.. if you wanna juice up the colors there are simple ways of doing it :thumbsup:. i might have over cooked the one i did of your pic

MasterGunnZ

The sex
Car(s)
GTI
Sweet write up. I will try this when I have some more time.