GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why should I get APR HPFP instead of Autotech?

Micky 32

Ready to race!
This was taken from another forum where someone put up a reason why fuel was going into their oil while using a AT pump internals. What are people views on this??

""I don't think it's a failure of the seal per se.

My understanding is that due to the stepped design in the piston fuel gets in behind that step (due the the lubrication using fuel). Once the piston is on it's return stroke it is trying to compress the fuel. Liquid can't be compressed so the fuel has to go somewhere and it will inevitably choose the path of least resistance. Which in this case is past the seal.

So rather than the seal failing. It is being asked to do something it wasn't designed to, due to the step in the piston. So if Autotech re-designed the piston to be one diameter it's length then, in theory, this would solve the problem.""

Now if this were true, something to worry about?

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
This was taken from another forum where someone put up a reason why fuel was going into their oil while using a AT pump internals. What are people views on this??

""I don't think it's a failure of the seal per se.

My understanding is that due to the stepped design in the piston fuel gets in behind that step (due the the lubrication using fuel). Once the piston is on it's return stroke it is trying to compress the fuel. Liquid can't be compressed so the fuel has to go somewhere and it will inevitably choose the path of least resistance. Which in this case is past the seal.

So rather than the seal failing. It is being asked to do something it wasn't designed to, due to the step in the piston. So if Autotech re-designed the piston to be one diameter it's length then, in theory, this would solve the problem.""

Now if this were true, something to worry about?

And once again this has been discussed to death. Go search for AT response to this type of questions in a thread. They fully discussed the engineering behind their design.

KRL

Passed Driver's Ed
And once again this has been discussed to death. Go search for AT response to this type of questions in a thread. They fully discussed the engineering behind their design.

Noting comes up on a search for me. Care to enlighten us?

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Here is the full discussion on vwvortex with the link to the original discussion halfway down. There is so much info in this threads between all the links and cross posts it spells it out pretty clearly. They are both quality pieces just differently designed.

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3343720-APR-Fuel-Pump-VS.-Autotech-Fuel-Pump./page1

And furthermore here is a link from when BSH originally got the pumps and Phils response in post #13 sums up my beliefs on the matter as i have already stated.

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30081&highlight=autotech+fuel

Im done posting on this thread. All the info is in those threads if you read past some bs and marketing stuff in them. Op made his decision and is happy that is whats important.

taaj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mkv
I have purchased an auto tech pump kit ,, it ran smooth for sometime until I had to replace the complete HPFP, however due to smoothness I felt with auto tech I reinstalled the kit into my brand new HPFP and unfortunately it only lasted 10kms and my car stalked completely, I returned to factory kit and the car starts.

mushages

Ready to race!
Car(s)
07 GTi DSG
Might be your N276 failing

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

taaj

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI mkv
well yesterday after returning back to my stock HPFP internal, i sprint with S mode and the car when came to stop died :(

NJdubber

Performance Enthusiast
Car(s)
Audi A3 2.0T FSI
well yesterday after returning back to my stock HPFP internal, i sprint with S mode and the car when came to stop died :(

might be your LPFP or fuel pump module.

leontfsi

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
seat leon 2.0 tfsi
Im having autotech for almost a year and apr software s2+, put good oil check the cam every 15 km and you good to go. Im using castrol edge 5-30 and my cam looks like new .