GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Yellow DRL's?

magblixt

Drag Race Newbie
Anybody seen a MKV GTI (non xenon) wil yellow DRL's? I have seen Kurts BM GTI with yellow foggs, but never the DRL's.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
DRL are your headlights... most countries do not allow yellow headlights... I think France may be the only one

Bad hare

Ex-mkv owner
First, i really like that idea - sounds cool.

second, i had no idea it was illegal stateside, i'v seen quite a few cars in ny (civics mostly) with yellow headlamps - hmm learn something new everyday.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Bad hare said:
First, i really like that idea - sounds cool.

second, i had no idea it was illegal stateside, i'v seen quite a few cars in ny (civics mostly) with yellow headlamps - hmm learn something new everyday.

In the US when it comes to headlights unless its OEM its not legal... now whether anyone says anything about it is another question... I remember people on the HID forum talking about doing the HID kits on older cars that where never available with HID and there was always a qu as to whether they would get pulled or not...

X2 I don't really like the yellow headlights

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
I had yellow DRL's in my old 2003 GMC truck. alot of people were replacing these with amber ones but I was one of the first with yellow in a GMC. I think they look 100% better and I also had yellow fog lights. People hated being in front of me at night. Had the xenon bulbs hyper white in the headlights with GMC projection, then the xenon bulbs in hyper yellow for the fogs. And I always drove with my fogs on.

Anyone got a bulb map for the gti? do we have one on the forum?

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
I would like to be able to have the center lights, the HIDs, and the fogs on all at the same time. i would like to replace the center bulbs with a bluish tint, and then the fogs with an amber. any ideas on how i can accomplish keeping those "flash to pass" lights on whil the other two sets are on as well?