GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lets See Your Systems.

nikbrewer

Go Kart Champion
wana hear something funny? at last count, i sold over 30 gti boxes, 6 r32 boxes, and 15 jetta boxes, and my system is stock right now ( except the waywell 6050 headunit). I have built my self about 5 boxes, and everytime i go to install it, i get a order and i sell it. Guess ill be the test bed for my side mount

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
wana hear something funny? at last count, i sold over 30 gti boxes, 6 r32 boxes, and 15 jetta boxes, and my system is stock right now ( except the waywell 6050 headunit). I have built my self about 5 boxes, and everytime i go to install it, i get a order and i sell it. Guess ill be the test bed for my side mount

I feel you on this one Nik. I've done about 10 sets of tails right now and I'm still running un-tinted tails on my own ride. Every time I think I have a spare set done, another buyer pops up.

One of these days I'll tint my own tails. :lol:

shutupanddrive

Captain Break S***
Car(s)
PCH roller
home grown. single 10. 5-ch flushed into false floor. kenwood headunit, all speakers replaced, dvd, ipod, nav, bluetooth, xm, hd, front & rear cams, blaa blaa blaa

LoyalSage

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MKIV & MKV R32
the interesting thing is, my entire concept was to NOT see the system when thinking of what to do in my GTI.

here are a few pictures that i gathered from my own posts. so far i have done some sound deadening and sound proofing, changed the headunit to a kenwood dnx-8120, power is being provided by alpines PDX.5 amp which i installed under the passenger seat where the XM box use to sit. as for bass i am filling in the low end with one of nicks stealth boxes.

if you were to see my car, the only aftermarket part you would see is the head unit and the amp only if you pushed the passenger seat back enough. i also have a set of Rainbow IQ320.25 on order so i will soon be ditching my stock speakers.

Attachments

• IMG_0387.jpg
    IMG_0387.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 13,359
  • IMG_0403.jpg
    IMG_0403.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 14,680
  • IMG_0421.jpg
    IMG_0421.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 10,855
  • IMG_0429.jpg
    IMG_0429.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 10,974
  • IMG_0673.jpg
    IMG_0673.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 10,923

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
DAMN - you took the exterior door skins off? You gotta tell me how to do that!

I've got the Rainbow set on the way as well along with an Audio Control LCi6 and RNS 510. I'm likely going with a PDX.5 unless I can find something higher quality that meets my needs and fits under the seat. I'll be using an Fi SSD10 D2 in the hatch. Initially it'll be in a simple sealed cube but I might toy with a side-mount enclosure if I get creative.

darcness

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 GTI CW
It's not too hard to get the outer skins off. You need to remove the black trim on the side of the door (where the latch is) and then remove all of the T30 bolts from behind there. There is also some T30's under the door and on the front. Once those are all out, there is one T20 that you have to loosen for the door handle. Once that's loose, the lock cylinder will come out. Once that's out you can remove the cable and the handle, then the T20 behind the handle. The outer door skin will then come right off.

2008GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Alpine head unit and processor

Door-8" Dayton Reference

Door Panel-use to have HAT L4, replacing with Seas soon

Sub-JL Stealthbox

Amps-PDX 150.4 (2) and a 1000.1 plus processor

Getting ready to put Seas W16NX mids in kick panels and I'm using LCY ribbons for tweeters.

G-rig

Go Kart Champion
Not too much to see besides the following pics, as the aim was to do a stealth install of the following.

Alpine IVA-W502E
Alpine PXE-H701 (with optical connection)
Alpine PDX 4.150
Alpine 400BT
Alpine 6cd changer
Alpine PMD-B100E NAV
Alpine reverse camera
Dynaudio 342 (MD102, MD142, MD162)
(semi active)
Connects2.
8" Image Dynamics ID v3 (Stealthed)
ARC Mini 125.2

Am making some changes soon and replacing the HU with an RNS-510 and the Skoda OEM Bluetooth. Will be keeping the camera as Kufatec have an adapter aparently.

Similarly to A41.8QTM will am considering a LC6i, just debating what DSP but considering i have the H701 will probably just get the RUX-C701 controller. It will be a step down in sound quality but probably good enough, as i'm chasing a bit more integration and cant really beat the 510 with the MFD control.

Last edited:

GTIWV

WV VW

i like what you say!