GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New multimedia device (coming out July 15) Info thread

Chacolla

Ready to race!
I'm picking up my unit in about 30 minutes or so and then I'll be home and post to see what I got with mine.

I'm guessing I'll be in the same boat as everyone else though...

tenderidol

Passed Driver's Ed
I knew this was going to be "fun", but I didn't know it was going to be this "exciting".

I dont have a tracking number yet, and depending on how the first few units turn out, I may never have one if we all decide to pull out from this.

Refreshing the screen every 30 seconds now :D

SilverRubicon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 JSW SEL
i don't see the double fakra on the back ...

I don't even know what a fakra is... but the info on the group buy page says it includes a double fakra adapter. So I'm guessing that there shouldn't be two fakra's on the back. That said, everything is in question at the moment so what is written may no longer be true.

bacardicj151

Car(s)
07 GTI
Haha yeah I'm checking this thread like it's my job. Are you going to install tonigh Chacolla???? Let's see how his install goes!!!

SilverRubicon

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2009 JSW SEL
I dont have a tracking number yet, and depending on how the first few units turn out, I may never have one if we all decide to pull out from this.

How many received tracking numbers? I thought it was just three people? We ought to know everything there is to know from our small sample set by Sunday. One unit has been installed, another later tonight, and perhaps the third by tonight (judging by his level of excitement).

skyline513

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not exactly sure what double fakra is, but here's close ups of all of the cables that came with the unit:
Here we go!!

Cable #1

Cable #2

Cable #3

Cable #4-Radio possibly?

Cable #5-Ipod connector

Cable #6-GPS antenna

Cable #6-Front USB adaptor

That's all I have time for right now. I'll install as soon as I can

juanmorog

Joe told me a week ago that his model is different from AudioSource AS-7608 and I still think it's the same model as indeed they already have for sale on its site:

http://www.audiosources.net/viewproduct.asp?id=883

As discussed above external photos of the unit of purchase webpage Oskar exactly equal AudioSource unit, front buttons, usb in the center back of gold and so on.
Then I see pictures of the first unit and is totally different, and if they are all equal (which they will be) I think this joint is a hoax and a fraud on my part if the rest are well and have not been I sent a refund of my money. :mad0259:

tenderidol

Passed Driver's Ed
How many received tracking numbers? I thought it was just three people? We ought to know everything there is to know from our small sample set by Sunday. One unit has been installed, another later tonight, and perhaps the third by tonight (judging by his level of excitement).

We -including Joe- may still have time to decide before all the remaining units are supposedly shipped on Tuesday.

vwgtipowr

Ready to race!
Ooh! So I'm assuming that's good? lol

I think it is the double antenna, one for AM and one for FM, and the 2-1 adapter makes it so you can use the single antenna on your car for both.

OK now hurry up and get these installed.

Oh yeah still no tracking# for me yet either.

vwgtipowr

Ready to race!
I guess we are finding out first hand why the chinese are not known for their quality when it comes to product manufacturing. :thumbdown: