GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BSH engine mounts finally installed, impressions...

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Been a long two months moved my gf in with me. Had no internet but my blackberrys for two months while i sorted Clear out and went back to Cox. Her car died and is on ramps in my garage which im still trying to re-organize. Tools everywhere ect. Anyways first impression is they are awesome. I have been wondering about this different engine noise that was mentioned with these mounts and car sounds better imo. Deeper tone more burbly almost like a boxer engine. Very minor rise of NVH in the cabin when car was cold, so after they settle in i can imagine it being almost unoticable. Engine slop is gone as well as the hard clunking between shifts on hard acceleration. I can floor it and the car now shifts smoothly and quickly and just goes. No more hesitation as the engine and tranny settles back. Wheel hop GONE woot! Very impressed as with all my BSH products.
Install note i had the engine jacked too high and was causing the engine mount to look to short. Had a migraine past few days and wasnt thinking so my stupid ass called BSH and then realized I had to lower the jack a tiny bit. Everything else was a breeze. Spent more time talking to neighbors then installing but meh. Nice day installing parts regardless. Update in few hundred miles. IMO anyone thinking of going stage 1 or higher should get a set. Especially for stage 2 and above. I feel much more secure getting my stage 2 flash now knowing the driveline is in order and i can actually use the extra power.

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
After I installed mine I noticed the extra vibration and it is slightly more stiff between shifts but it's nothing like real solid motor mounts. It's still way too soft for me. I think the lower engine mount is the real weak point. Because the engine and transmission mounts are like a fulcrum, they don't actually stop it from twisting. That's all in the pendulum mount.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
After I installed mine I noticed the extra vibration and it is slightly more stiff between shifts but it's nothing like real solid motor mounts. It's still way too soft for me. I think the lower engine mount is the real weak point. Because the engine and transmission mounts are like a fulcrum, they don't actually stop it from twisting. That's all in the pendulum mount.

Solid mounts also bring tons of NVH and are not really fun for a daily driver. I shifted at redline and no clunk and still no noise so i am very happy with the mounts. Pendulum mounts was one of my first mods.

GodSquadMandrake

Radioactive Rotary Rocket
Solid mounts also bring tons of NVH and are not really fun for a daily driver. I shifted at redline and no clunk and still no noise so i am very happy with the mounts. Pendulum mounts was one of my first mods.

Yeah but I love NVH. I want to feel it when my thermostat opens lol.
Difference in tastes I suppose. I just think it's still too sloppy. I would buy it if someone sold a better pendulum mount thing. I don't want to go through the trouble of buying the BSH billet pendulum mount and then just the crappy insert. Because that only inserts in the bottom bushing, not the top one so there will still be slack in the top. I could still buy the INA density line bushings AND the BSH pendulum mount but then we're over $200 for something that isn't that complicated.

GTIWV

WV VW
I installed the VF pendulum mount, i already had the insert installed, and didnt really notice any difference. I have the other 2 VF mounts waiting to be installed, just have to find time with school

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Pendulum mount makes a big diff. Did you order the all 3 mounts or just the one? With all 3 im very happy:biggrin: No more wheel hop and slop in the shifts. If someone were racing i might be able to see going VF or a stiffer/solid mount but for those wanting to keep their DD civil these seem to be awesome so far.

vegasGTI

Go Kart Champion
Helps a ton even stock.

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
First I thought I'd be good enough with just the insert but after seeing how much the engine moves underneath the car while it was being rev'd in drive, I made a decision to get a pendelum mount.
I think I'll be happy with the result.

TheJakofallTrads

Car-less
Car(s)
Audi RS3
Pendulum mount makes a big diff. Did you order the all 3 mounts or just the one? With all 3 im very happy:biggrin: No more wheel hop and slop in the shifts. If someone were racing i might be able to see going VF or a stiffer/solid mount but for those wanting to keep their DD civil these seem to be awesome so far.

VF mounts are softer than BSH's. There's only one Delrin mount readily available in the states that I know of, and it's a beast.

BFI Delrin Engine Mount

madmortar

lalala I sing for you
Car(s)
08 GTi
Do you guys re-torque your BSH pendelum mounts yearly?

I did the re-torque after I put on the miles and then checked it again 6 months later and all was fine...but do I need to keep checking it? Or is it set and forget now.

ssunnylee24

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
07 CW DSG GTI
What I've read, no.
But if you use an aftermarket top engine mount and not OEM transmission mount, I heard you are putting more pressure on the OEM transmission mount.

But pendelum is good to change just it self.

If your familiar with integras, if you change the torque mounts, it will not put extra stress on the other engine mounts, same idea, the pendelum mount is the torque mount