GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR TSI K04 – More Power Through Motorsport

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
I would like to mention, APR TSI K04 software is available in Trial Software form.

If you have another tuners software, or just bought a k04 kit and are not sure who's software you want, you can try ours out for 6 hours. After 6 hours are up, it will go back to stock. You can either go back to your existing tuner for their software, or call us up and activate the APR software again over the phone.

If you had APR K04 software, or bought an APR K04 and used another tuners software, switching back to our software is Free.

If you picked up another tuners K04 kit and software, and once had APR software (Stage 1, 2, or K04), to switch to our k04 software it's only $299.

If you've never had APR software and want our K04 software it's $899.

Thanks!

-Arin

Vwgtivw

Ready to race!
I would like to mention, APR TSI K04 software is available in Trial Software form.

If you have another tuners software, or just bought a k04 kit and are not sure who's software you want, you can try ours out for 6 hours. After 6 hours are up, it will go back to stock. You can either go back to your existing tuner for their software, or call us up and activate the APR software again over the phone.

If you had APR K04 software, or bought an APR K04 and used another tuners software, switching back to our software is Free.

If you picked up another tuners K04 kit and software, and once had APR software (Stage 1, 2, or K04), to switch to our k04 software it's only $299.

If you've never had APR software and want our K04 software it's $899.

Thanks!

-Arin

Arin you have an mk5 with the FSI k04 right? if so is it the off the shelf tune? sorry for the offtopic question

LOUCFUR

DIÄBLÖ
Car(s)
GTI MKV
I do have an FSI K04. I have a slightly custom file because I installed S3 cam shafts.

are you making the same numbers as the tsi k04 with that custom file? ...

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
are you making the same numbers as the tsi k04 with that custom file? ...

I never dynoed it and I doubt I am.

what are the cons to running s3 cams? and is it a noticable difference?

I believe the engineers said they got a hair more timing but nothing to write home about. I really don't think I could feel a difference. My GF didn't mention the car felt faster either.

You do need to recalibrate the software as the intake cam lobe for the high pressure fuel pump has a different profile. If you just throw it in w/o recalibrating, the calculation will be incorrect.

Vwgtivw

Ready to race!
I never dynoed it and I doubt I am.

I believe the engineers said they got a hair more timing but nothing to write home about. I really don't think I could feel a difference. My GF didn't mention the car felt faster either.

You do need to recalibrate the software as the intake cam lobe for the high pressure fuel pump has a different profile. If you just throw it in w/o recalibrating, the calculation will be incorrect.

have you raced a TSI revised software k04 yet? I still have my APR flash but i ended up with revo for my k04 since there was a little more adjustability.

spaceyjacey

I got the V2 flash 3 days ago and I am so very impressed with this new file. I know there is science behind the magic... but hp, torque, and numbers aside, it just 'feels' perfect. APR has polished the K04 tune to a shine.

ns01gti

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI
I got the V2 flash 3 days ago and I am so very impressed with this new file. I know there is science behind the magic... but hp, torque, and numbers aside, it just 'feels' perfect. APR has polished the K04 tune to a shine.

Getting my reflash today or tomorrow. Can't wait!

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI

I'll pass this on to the engineers. I'm sure they'll be happy to read your review!

You did excellently in the quarter mile with version 1.0. Do you have any plans to return to the track?

TSiUG

sleeper...
So just wanted to do a little update with my new tune. I really had only gotten to drive it hard at the strip Thursday(in 98 degree weather) until tonight. WOW, the low end is sooo much better and the mid range is AMAZING now. 3rd gear pulls starting from 3k-4k blow my mind compared to the old tune!!! This is exactly how i wanted my k04 swap to feel. Thanks again Arin!!!! Should have an updated dyno next thursday.

Also, lets just say the owner of my local APR shop was extremely impressed with how it compared to his 450whp b5 k04 swapped S4 :)

TSiUG

sleeper...

this

panda_man22

Go Kart Champion
So just wanted to do a little update with my new tune. I really had only gotten to drive it hard at the strip Thursday(in 98 degree weather) until tonight. WOW, the low end is sooo much better and the mid range is AMAZING now. 3rd gear pulls starting from 3k-4k blow my mind compared to the old tune!!! This is exactly how i wanted my k04 swap to feel. Thanks again Arin!!!! Should have an updated dyno next thursday.

Also, lets just say the owner of my local APR shop was extremely impressed with how it compared to his 450whp b5 k04 swapped S4 :)

you say you were at the strip. did you run that 12.7 with the new revision? what were your trap speeds and are you DSG or manual

edit -- says your trap speed in your sig, my bad

TSiUG

sleeper...
you say you were at the strip. did you run that 12.7 with the new revision? what were your trap speeds and are you DSG or manual

edit -- says your trap speed in your sig, my bad

I did not beat my previous best with the V1.0 tune, however I was running in 93-100 degree heat all night. I ran 10 runs all between 12.75-12.95 @108-110. Not a single 13.XX. Insanely consistent compared to before in much cooler temps when I would run anywhere between 12.7(once) and 13.4 @106-110(once). With the V1.0 tune I would only run 12s approximately 1 out of 3 times. I am now getting wheel spin in 2nd gear at the track and I am running BFG drag radials....I am pretty confident when I get some temps in the 70s I will be in the 12.4-12.6 range. The tune is bad ass and that is all there is to it:thumbsup:

EDIT: I am DSG