GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cement divider: 1 - Car: 0

DanSan

meerkat
Car(s)
06' TR GTI/09 UG GTI
Last night it was raining beyond anything i've ever seen in my life and i was on my way to pick my brother up from the train station (what a good brother i am). i've been playing russian roulette with my oil pan and driving so low and got so many lucky chances but finally it caught up with me. worst part is i have a skid plate sitting in my garage just waiting to be put on..driving down the road i realized it was poorly marked but there was road construction so i tried to stay away from the sides to avoid pot holes, horrible construction, etc. All of a sudden i hit "something", air bag went off in my face but my arm took most of the damage so I've got a burn and cut on it. basically they put this cement divider literally in the middle of my lane. no signs, no change in lanes, no cones, nothing.. so the car instantly shut off, hazards went on and i hit it so hard my sunglass holder fell from the roof. I'll tell ya this, airbag smell is the worst. So basically, what happened is the second i hit it, it blew apart the oil pan. There was a giant puddle of oil on the ground as my car just coasted and sat in the middle of the street. Right after this happened, people behind me were hitting it as well and ramping over it, was scared they were gonna rear end me. still unsure of any other damage as im waiting for the adjuster to look at it. since the car shut off right away I hope theres no motor damage but I hope it shutting off right away wasn't because it was damaged.. best part, the cops have been called to this place everyday for the past week and a half they told me. 2 days ago a kid hit this same thing and bounced off into a telephone pole thats near it. i have no idea wtf this thing is here, the cops called a town supervisor out last night to do something about it but obviously nothing is being done. I'm responsible for my deductible but I'm gonna try and go after the town to cover that and maybe "extra" damages. now to pictures which i went back and took today.

you can clearly see the painted lines and this thing is literally 3-4 feet inside my lane.

my oil covered tread marks:

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
Car(s)
CW 07 GTi 5dr HB
Sorry for the loss man, but why arent those traffic barrels on the median instead of off to the side?? do you think somone is purposely causing accidents by moving them off, and also why didnt they repaint the lines in the road after they removed them. You can see at one point they were their before they removed the top portion of road.. This is complete incompentance on the cities part. You could have a case for neglegence. Could cost the city a pretty penny. I would look into that.

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
:yikes: Wow! That's crazy. I'm glad you're basically OK, the car can be fixed.

That does seem like negligence on the part of the city, I have no doubt that you'll be successful in making a claim for the repair costs. They might try to involke "Act of God" in their defense due to the rain, but the fact is that the marker drums didn't wash away and are positioned up on the side of the road -- they were put there by their workers, and the island is unmarked.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
hahahaha what the hell, who would say "Yeah, lets put a 10ft long island right here.

That sucks OP, hopefully the city'll help you out some?

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
What the fuck, Dan? That's insanity. You know I hate to say this, but I'd lawyer up if this costs you a dime out of pocket.

Flapenn

2011 Wheel Gap Champion
set up a camera and make a time lapse of the accident site. What excuse could they come up with if you show them a video of car after car hitting that retarded cement in the middle of the road serving no purpose. I would fight the city for more than just damages and medical bills because this is just pure bullshit lol.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
set up a camera and make a time lapse of the accident site. What excuse could they come up with if you show them a video of car after car hitting that retarded cement in the middle of the road serving no purpose. I would fight the city for more than just damages and medical bills because this is just pure bullshit lol.

I like this. Also, talk to the local PD and see if you can get reports from the week or so of previous accidents.

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
lol wtf is it doing there?! Hope everything works out in your favor bro. I'm pretty sure your car shut off b/c your airbag deployed. Its a safety feature to prevent a car fire in the event of a bad wreck.

Brewski

Formerly Chris2021
Car(s)
07 GTI pkg1 DSG
my oil covered tread marks:

Is that the base of a barrel in the bottom left corner of that pic? did you move it to where it should be or was this pic taken at a different time where it was already moved there? I'm just saying if they were placed in the center at one time and then later moved to the side that could be a good sign of some ass hole messing with them

lightningjack

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
09 GTI
Sorry to hear about the car, but glad you're okay. This is one of the many reasons I hate driving in LI...no offense.

The wheel cover in the street and other debris is crazy. I can't believe nobody was smart enough to do anything about this. If the cops knew it was such a problem, they had a responsibility to have done something. You definitely have a basis for additional compensation. I'm not one for frivolous lawsuits, but this is clear negligence.