GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Project Re-badging

I know alot of people are De-bading their cars, but i love the look of the 20th anniversary badges... so i picked some up. two sets of GTI's (for front and rear) and one rabbit for the rear. Now i gotta figure out how i'm gonna get the front GTI off the little bracket without having to take it completely off the grille.

Attachments

• DSC01408.jpg
    DSC01408.jpg
    516.2 KB · Views: 1,320
tmtuning.com
dealership would have been easier but they wanted way more than i was willing to pay.

KevinFastMkV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Azn_Esprit said:
Yea, dats wat i wanna kno too. Can u use the rear emblem for the front?

im pretty sure u cant do that!!cuz the rear emblem is like a sticer n the front emblem is more like a ....ill say a clip?! well, they r different so u cant do that....sorry for my weird explanation

Azn_Esprit

Oval Champion
Haha, I understand. It's jus the site says it's available as the front grille as well. But how would i order it, since theres only 1 version showing.

'This emblem came equipped on all Euro 25th anniversary GTI´s and all MK5 GTI´s. Also available as grill emblem.

VW OEM 25th anniversary GTI hatch emblem, chrome'

KevinFastMkV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
Azn_Esprit said:
Haha, I understand. It's jus the site says it's available as the front grille as well. But how would i order it, since theres only 1 version showing.

'This emblem came equipped on all Euro 25th anniversary GTI´s and all MK5 GTI´s. Also available as grill emblem.

VW OEM 25th anniversary GTI hatch emblem, chrome'

ya im confused about that as well~~

The letters i'm putting in the grill aren't the one's that said "front grill emblem"
These are what i ordered http://www.tmtuning.com/HOME/medienarchiv/bilder/3077_ep-171.jpg
i bought 1 set of the GTI and rabbit and 1 GTI only. i plan on taking off the front letters from the stock plate in the grill and putting them on that. hopefully everything goes well.
Should be on there tonight, probably post pics tomorrow.

A1Drewski

Go Kart Newbie
DUDE, that is so messed up, I was going to do the same thing with the red badges and the bunny. we cant both be running around dc in white gti s lookin like twins now can we???? :eek: :mad: :iono:

sorry guys, believe me, i've seen pics of others with this set-up. so many people have thought of this. let me inform you of this though, since i just found out while putting them on, the red on these letters are not painted... THEY'RE DAMN STICKERS!!! this made me mad, but i got over it. also, these letters are a little smaller than stock, not a problem for the back, but because of the plate on the front is cut to fit the larger (but not by much) stocker letters you have to be a little careful with lining it up because there will be gaps on the ends. whereas the stock letters fit perfectly. i probably should have put a bigger gap between the rear GTI and the rabbit... but i can't now. i'll post pictures tomorrow when i get to my computer.

Carn

Drag Racing Champion
HaHaHa.....it's because you bought the replica badges that they aren't the same size. Eish buddy that sucks, especially considering the original VW items can be had for $50, you just need to shop around. Someone I know also bought the badges from TM Tuning only to find out exactly the same thing you did. I am able to source the originals for anyone interested.