GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Check Valves for Forge DV spike reduction mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrsix kevin

Go Kart Champion

i have a few extra of these.
they are made from kynar housings, and viton diaphragms. both very heat and chemical resistant.

instead of the help! check valves which i read were only rated to 15 psi, these are rated to 150 psi! they wont break.. ever, not to mention they flow much MUCH better than the help! check valve, and have more secure barb fittings. they are good up to about 25psi w/o zip ties.

$7 shipped.
Shipped to Canada is $8.50 dollars USD.

paypal:i ran out of the valves for stocking, however if i can get orders of 10 valves or more, i will get more in and get them to you guys.

for those of you who do not know what the forge spike reduction is, see this thread:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3453564
Please keep in mind that i am merely supplying parts to do the spike reduction mod, and i am not responsible for any damage that may occur to your vehicle from doing so. the valves have been thoroughly tested. i will help you when i can with the install, but if you do not feel comfortable doing it yourself, or do not have the knowledge of how the forge dv replacement valve works, i suggest you find someone that knows how it works to do the install for you.

If you guys would like, i can piece together the whole spike reduction kit for you guys and ship it out to you all in 1 package.
This is $21 for US, and $24 shipped USD for Canada.

I have very little left, but i just got some more so i'll get them out as soon as they come in.

Last edited:

vrsix kevin

Go Kart Champion
Let me give you guys an in-depth comparison between the help! valve and my valves. the clear valve picture here is the same designed as the one that you would receive, just different material, i ordered alot of demo valves before i found the best materials.

Help valve is the stained white/black colored valve.
sorry for the grainy pictures.

here you can see the construction between the 2 valves, the help! valve is made out of plastic that is somewhat flexible, although you might not be able to tell, the construction of the help valve is also not as high quality, there is some plastic flashing left from the molding process on the outside.

here you can see the difference between the smaller side of the help! valve and the barb of my valve, as you can see the help valve is much, much smaller, and therefore flows less, this might have an effect on how fast your reservoir returns regains vacuum.

and in this last picture, you can see the lack of barbs on the help valve! on the skinny side, the tubing would not fit securely without a zip tie, and even with the zip tie i was able to yank it off with little force, with my valve this doesn't happen because of the barbs. the 3/16" diameter of the nipple fittings work with the tubing that comes with the forge valve perfectly.

Last edited:

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Where did you buy them from?

rsquadGTi

Most Hated Hater...
Car(s)
W204 C63/Porsche 911
I'll take one if you ship to Toronto Canada

thanks

tmw2442

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
Mk7 R
I'll take one, too.

NastyCandyMKV

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 GTI DSG
Can you explain what exactly the spike is and how it occurs? My car is acting weird since the valve, releasing pressure at weird times or holding boost when not heavily on the throttle. I'm not sure if this mod would help my situation or not....thanks for the input!

Status
Not open for further replies.