GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CRAFTSMAN Air Ride Build-up Thread

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
okay I couldn't resist...I'm to anxious to get started. I've been planning to do this for months now but just haven't had the time or the funds.

First I want to give many thanks to Kevin@AAC for answering all my questions and helping me get evrything together

And a big thanks to Infrared and F_399 for being my inspiration and answering all my stupid questions.

And lastly to IMAN973 for giving me the idea of the "CRAFTSMAN"

Okay so on to the goods:

-50 ft 3/8” Airline
-5 Gallon Aluminum 9 port tank
-Dual Viair400c compressors
-AutoPilot Controller
-2 x 3/8” SMC all metal watertraps
-8 Pack Asco 3/8” Valves
-3/8” Custom fitting pack

Front bags are in! Wooo!
The rears I still have to get.
I will be putting these over my set of K-sport coilovers I have.

And for the reason it being called the "CRAFTSMAN" build-up you will all have to wait and see :cool: its a surprise.

And finally: the car being bagged....

I will keep you guys posted as everything comes in. :thumbup: :thumbup:

Last edited:

f_399

07 GTI and 06 Passat
cant wait to see the finished product!

good luck with the build and keep us posted

keeping the swaybar?

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
cant wait to see the finished product!

good luck with the build and keep us posted

keeping the swaybar?

Nope. I can't stand that thing as it is with just my regular coils in, I can't imagine how annoying it will be one I started changing the height. Then after than I will have to talk to paulito, not sure if you know him, from over on vortex to try and get my subframe notched. If all fails I'll take a drive up to Canada to have Kevin@AAC do it.

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
I'll have a little teaser for guys later. Since I don't have CAD and have completely forgotten how to use it I'm going to make up a little foam core model of my plans for the setup.

InfraRed

Driving on the wrong side
Car(s)
91 R32 Skyline GTS-T
Sick dude. You don't need brackets for the front bags, and also why 9 ports on the tank? I only use 4 of my 8 ports on my tank. 2 for compressors, 1 for the water trap (ran it differently than most) that the air line comes from, and then one for the tank sending unit.

Looking forward to seeing your plans for the setup!

LBVdubin

Baggin aint easy
I know I probably don't need a 9 port and its overkill but It was cheaped to plumb the valves right off the tank with the 9 port than to do a remote setup like yours. So I'm going to have 4 ports for the valves, 2 for the compressors, 1 for a inflation valve, and 1 for safety valve.

this is what it will look like

Attachments

• P1010003.JPG
    P1010003.JPG
    154.7 KB · Views: 2,905

goldn

capt. no dub
Car(s)
E91
AAC is just around the corner from me...
some bro's around here are having some work done come the new year.
kevin is a busy guy.