GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cam Follower completly HOLOW

zigger

Banned
I have a Apr HPFP with aprox 6k miles on it. I decided to check my cam follower and guys what.. It's freekin HOLLOW! The cam follower is broken
the spring is broken . The cam folower broke it's cap that rubs on the cam
Accoring to what I have read I now need to change the cam shafts and intake? I am calling APR 1st thing in the am. This is ridiculous!
less than 7k on the pump

staulkor

V-Dubber
Car(s)
VW GTI MkV Fahrenhei
Did you change/examine your follower when the pump was installed?

zigger

Banned
of course I did. Now I can't get into boost. I'm going to put my stock pump on and ask Unitronic for a k04 file without the hpfp for now which prob has less boost but until I figure this bull shit out thats what I gota do.
So now what the hell happens? It's completly hollow..what next?
such bull shit

bme30

Ready to race!
it happened to me on stage 1. Its not APRs fault, it is VWs shitty design. What year is your car, and what revision is your cam shaft? It might be under some type of warranty.

bme30

Ready to race!
what i did id i bought a new stock pump and put the hollow follower on the new pump, then i let it pull a code and brought it to the dealer. they replaced the cam and pump under warranty. they said that there was a TSB, so there was no cost to me. other than having to buy a new oem pump.

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
man you've had some bad luck with your car... didn't you bend a rod too?

Who installed the APR HPFP? Do you have a receipt showing they replaced the follower too? It's not something you automatically do when installing a HPFP.

I can't imagine the pump causing that much wear that quickly without something seriously wrong with either the pump or the install.

ViRtUaLheretic

╭∩╮(︶__︶&#6
Car(s)
2009 VW GTI
chill, there are plenty of people running APRs pump without problems.

Im sure Arin will chime in during the AM

kev24k

Go Kart Champion
Damn zigger. You've had some bad luck man. I checked my follower and it needs to be replaced. Its just one of those stupid vw things. I would do what bme30 did. Put the stock pump back on and ur car back to stock (lame i know but this repair is crazy $ w/out warranty) and get it fixed.

tranceporter

F**K YOU CAM FOLLOWERS
Car(s)
'08 BMP GTI
welcome to my world except with the kmd tuning rebuild and not the apr pump

why do you keep saying you need a new intake? you mean intake camshaft lobe

already working on getting mine :frown:

Viking445

Souless Day Walkin Ginger
If it wore through the follower and the piston of the pump was riding on the cam lobe I'd put money down that your cam shaft if fucked.

If that lobe gets worn then it will grind away at every follower that you put in there at a very fast pace.

Since your KO4 that means taking it to the dealer is way out. So just prepare to bend over and take it up the rear to get this properly fixed.