GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

* VIDEO* My k04 with MBC stiffer spring

zigger

Banned
Hi guys... so I have been having issues holding boost at redline so I slaped a Forge MBC hooked 2 hoses one straight to wastegate and on off the n75. The boost controler is in the full off position but the stiffer spring made a hell of a difference and boost spikes hard and holds nicely. It made 40 lbs of tq more and 10 whp more. I have dyno sheets I will pist from before and after. Peek whp didn't change much like I said 10 whp but in the midrange good go-d it made 30 whp and 50 lbs of tq I'll post dyno sheets shortly.
Here is a crappy video of a 4th gear pull just to give u a idea

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3IgVpi6LKc

let me know what u think..

mkvdubber

Ready to race!
Car(s)
335xi
I'm really looking forward to seeing your dyno sheets! Same dyno and settings?

zigger

Banned
Yes sir I tested on 2 dynod dynojet and dynpack got same results on both dynos..
This is basicly the same idea as ine the "waste not want not" thread.
This was a temp fix until I can get unitronic to help hold my boost better with a new file but I love it like this ..
Everything else in my file from unitronic is there just not boost settings

zigger

Banned
ok Here are my dyno sheets

1st set
Dynapck. Here is the link with just my k04 file (same mods) boost being controled my k04 file

http://www.dynamotorsports.ca/dynographs2/VWGTIMethDyno.jpg

Here is the dyno sheet same dyno same mods but mbc with stiffer spring running from wastegate

Here is the dyno jet I can't find the original pull with just the file but I remember the numbers on the dynojet I did 295 whp and 302 tq

This on same dyno with mbc set up stated above

The numbers don't lie..This is a fuckin wicked set up

zigger

Banned
I'll post a diagram later on . But really it's simple. one hose straight off the wastegate (turbo) than u have that plastic C shaped thing that is pluged into the n75 and I believe the presure sensor? so u remove that plastic thing and put another hose there ..It works really well only thing I have to watch for and hoefully unitronic can fix this is that under heavy load depending on how u get on the throttle you can boost 29-30 psi but I am sure they can control the load in the software can't they?
Than again who loads there car at 2800 rpm in high gears that's not good on any turbo or car

tazin

Banned
wow!!! Just wow is all I have to say. i followed this thread on vortex and the guys are going wild over there over your numbers man. Your car must be a BEAST! All that tq. I want to try this on my k03 can you please give us some more info on this? I can't believe people haven't tried this yet? It's seems like a simple way to increase your power and tq..
Please provide as much info as you can on this I want to try this asap!

GTI44

Brick Shithouse!!
Car(s)
MkV GTI
wow!!! Just wow is all I have to say. i followed this thread on vortex and the guys are going wild over there over your numbers man. Your car must be a BEAST! All that tq. I want to try this on my k03 can you please give us some more info on this? I can't believe people haven't tried this yet? It's seems like a simple way to increase your power and tq..
Please provide as much info as you can on this I want to try this asap!

x2

Waffle

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GLI
When you use only software to control boost you can't go past the 22.5 PSI limit on the stock sensor. With the MBC it allows you to add more boost than the software is asking for.