GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fat Bastards - Weight Watchers Thread

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
yeah, i dont drink that much at all, so i think most of it is excerising more and watching portions (duh, lol..), but the combo of the metabolism being basically non-existent, and not getting as much sleep with kids around, AND the other bad thing about kids is if they don't eat something (esp at restaurants), you feel compelled to finish it or eat some of it for them, so food doesnt go to waste. I need to get stronger with all this stuff.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
The more calories you cut out of your diet, the less alcohol you have to drink to feel the effects. It's a win-win. I can have one beer and feel it, beats the hell out of needing 3.

No that's because you weigh 155lbs. LOL How do you want to be 140? That is pretty small man, how tall are you?

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
yeah, i dont drink that much at all, so i think most of it is excerising more and watching portions (duh, lol..), but the combo of the metabolism being basically non-existent, and not getting as much sleep with kids around, AND the other bad thing about kids is if they don't eat something (esp at restaurants), you feel compelled to finish it or eat some of it for them, so food doesnt go to waste. I need to get stronger with all this stuff.

Yep portion control is hard. My parents started eating off small plates and it really made a difference for them. The idea being you fill your small plate rather than trying to fill the big one. Its also hard to eat just enough, and not eating until you are full. Once you are full it is too much. I've pretty much stopped eating red meat as well completely.

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
you feel compelled to finish it or eat some of it for them, so food doesnt go to waste. I need to get stronger with all this stuff.

I hate that feeling so much. That's pretty much one of the reasons I am the way I am, and I've seriously got to cut down on it. I need to have my friends finish the food instead of me.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Yep portion control is hard. My parents started eating off small plates and it really made a difference for them. The idea being you fill your small plate rather than trying to fill the big one. Its also hard to eat just enough, and not eating until you are full. Once you are full it is too much. I've pretty much stopped eating red meat as well completely.

do you think red meat is that bad if just had occasionally, like maybe once a week?

I hate that feeling so much. That's pretty much one of the reasons I am the way I am, and I've seriously got to cut down on it. I need to have my friends finish the food instead of me.

i hear ya.

If you guys want a real wake up call, check out the serving sizes on everything packaged that you consume.

Most things you would think would be considered one serving would be 2+. That I think was the biggest shock so far.

P

plac

i eat all day long at work.. junk like chocolate granola bars, peanut butter and crackers.. odwalla shakes... always start at 5am with a grande starbucks decaff.. then i eat a big dinner.. then i have to have a bowl of cookies or ice cream every night. i run my 4 mile almost every day. i am just about breaking even, even though i shouldnt be. approaching 150 which sucks, i like to stay around 140. my stomach is getting bigger.. no alcohol really.. maybe 12 beers a year average.

dirty_dub

Ready to race!
If you guys want a real wake up call, check out the serving sizes on everything packaged that you consume.

Most things you would think would be considered one serving would be 2+. That I think was the biggest shock so far.

I've been on WW for 4 and half months so far and have lost 29 pounds. I'm down to 237. My goal is to get to 180-190 and I'm about 5'11. With iphone tracking app it is so much easier then looking in the little tiny book weight watchers provides. I use my extra 49 points on the weekends when I drink or if going out to a restaurant. The past couple of weeks I have been dropping the weight slower then the previous weeks. The only excessive that I do is cardio ex: Bike, Basketball, walk.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
I'm on a diet too...trying to minimize LBM loss though. I've basically been eating a tub of greek yogurt a day with some unsweetened applesauce, cinnamon and oats. That, salad and protein shakes for work out days...200-250g protein, 160-270g carbs (depending on exercise level of the day), 50-110g fat. Funny thing is I'm actually losing more weight by eating a lot more, just different composition now that its mostly clean protein and no processed sugar. Gone from about 19%bf down to 16ish%, while maintaining lifting stats.

Just count EVERYTHING and track it. Good luck guys!

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
No that's because you weigh 155lbs. LOL How do you want to be 140? That is pretty small man, how tall are you?

It's because you have less food in your system at any given time. When I ate 3000 calories a day (and still weighed 150 lbs) I could drink like crazy.

I am 5'10" but have a very small frame, usually wear small size shirts or very fitted mediums. The last time that I didn't have a big pile of fat on my gut I weighed 130 lbs. I do intend to start working out and gaining some muscle mass but my primary goal right now is to just get rid of stomach fat, which means getting down below 140. I'm currently 154 and still have a 35.5" waist, I basically looked pregnant at 175 lbs - skinny everywhere except a huge belly.

J-Cooz

Go Kart Champion
do you think red meat is that bad if just had occasionally, like maybe once a week?

i hear ya.

No its not. Its just a thing my family started doing after my grand father passed of colon cancer. Red meat isn't the greatest for you so I decided to give it up. I still eat bacon and stuff once in a while.

I've been on WW for 4 and half months so far and have lost 29 pounds. I'm down to 237. My goal is to get to 180-190 and I'm about 5'11. With iphone tracking app it is so much easier then looking in the little tiny book weight watchers provides. I use my extra 49 points on the weekends when I drink or if going out to a restaurant. The past couple of weeks I have been dropping the weight slower then the previous weeks. The only excessive that I do is cardio ex: Bike, Basketball, walk.

NICE!

29lbs is no small feat, congrats bro!

Yeah I'm all over the tracker app and the scanner. Fantastic tools.

dirty_dub

Ready to race!
NICE!

29lbs is no small feat, congrats bro!

Yeah I'm all over the tracker app and the scanner. Fantastic tools.

Thanks man! The tools are defiantly key. I couldn't believe at first what actuall portions should be. I now rate EVERYTHING based on points and usually have 10-15 points left over by bed time.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Four things:

Weight loss starts fast but will slow down. Keep at it and don't be discouraged by weeks were you seem to gain weight.

Get plenty of sleep. Your body metabolizes fat back into glucose most efficiently at night.

Do. Not. Eat. Before. Bed. Ever. Anything you eat right before bed will turn to fat.

Once you start eating like a horse again, you'll put weight back on. Dominate, don't fluctuate.

Signed,
Guy who lost 90lbs

Four things:

Weight loss starts fast but will slow down. Keep at it and don't be discouraged by weeks were you seem to gain weight.

Get plenty of sleep. Your body metabolizes fat back into glucose most efficiently at night.

Do. Not. Eat. Before. Bed. Ever. Anything you eat right before bed will turn to fat.

Once you start eating like a horse again, you'll put weight back on. Dominate, don't fluctuate.

Signed,
Guy who lost 90lbs

Holy shit. You lost a whole person, small person, but whole person lol. Seriously impressive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited: