GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Fat Bastards - Weight Watchers Thread

Hilfloskind

Go Kart Champion
buttt... the better shape you are in the higher your basal burn is.

Exactly...it's also the same reason that weight lifting, while not as much of an immediate caloric burn, is so important. It raises your base caloric needs. I make sure that every other day I hit the weights hard.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Exactly...it's also the same reason that weight lifting, while not as much of an immediate caloric burn, is so important. It raises your base caloric needs. I make sure that every other day I hit the weights hard.

is that before or after shredding on the axe, homie? ;)

I wonder how many calories playing drums burns?

Now, I am an actual drummer, was in a band for years, just didn't stick with it but once the ION drum rocker came out for rock band I was hooked again. Got a couple of bass pedals and the adapter for double bass, and invested in Pintech cymbals.

Playing rock band on expert plus makes me soaking wet. *giggity*.

I should figure out how much that actually does for me.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
another drummer^! nice.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
^ x3

I used to play drums a lot too, but lived in apartments the last few years so I've been on a break. Now that I'm in a proper house I've gotta finish my electronic set and get back into it this summer. As far as calories burned that totally depends on how you play and what you play. I've done jazz gigs in a suit and tie hardly breaking a sweat versus jamming some grindcore or DM with my buddies I'll be sweating buckets and out of breath.

I play hard and fast.

While it's not compatible I LOVE playing drums on GH Metallica.

So much fun!

The only RB Metallica song I really like is And Justice For All. On expert plus I average 98%.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^ x3

I used to play drums a lot too, but lived in apartments the last few years so I've been on a break. Now that I'm in a proper house I've gotta finish my electronic set and get back into it this summer. As far as calories burned that totally depends on how you play and what you play. I've done jazz gigs in a suit and tie hardly breaking a sweat versus jamming some grindcore or DM with my buddies I'll be sweating buckets and out of breath.

nice, we play with Brutal Truth and Nasum tomorrow night. Dropdead was on too, but had to drop off the bill for some reason.

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion

I find that the more I exercise, the harder it is to follow a diet. Burning calories just makes me more hungry. I lose weight the easiest with no exercise at all.

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
nice, we play with Brutal Truth and Nasum tomorrow night. Dropdead was on too, but had to drop off the bill for some reason.

I love Brutal Truth, also thanks for reminding me I have to pick up This is Hardcore 2012 tickets, went on sale an hour ago

edit: nvm already sold out...jeez

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I find that the more I exercise, the harder it is to follow a diet. Burning calories just makes me more hungry. I lose weight the easiest with no exercise at all.

^THIS x a million. very good point.

I love Brutal Truth, also thanks for reminding me I have to pick up This is Hardcore 2012 tickets, went on sale an hour ago

edit: nvm already sold out...jeez

heck yeah, i think i was first introduced to them when they did the 7" split with Spazz back in the day.

dustinouch

Go Kart Champion
Anyone who thinks that exercise doesn't fit into the weight loss/health equation is kidding themselves.

I have a similar build and story 32, 5'7" and currently ~140lbs about 10 years ago I was pushing 170lbs.

There is no one solution that works for everyone, its a long process. I honestly think people have to experiment with diet and exercise to see how their body reacts. The key for me was slowly refining my diet, getting rid of bad habits, and staying active.

After trying different things over the years I found whats worked for me is:
Diet: strict diet M-F and treat myself to a cheat meal + alcohol on the weekend
Workout schedule: minimum 3 hard exercise days a week.

For the past 6 weeks I've had this schedule: 2x days of heavy compound lifts, 1x day cardio/body weight crossfit workouts, 1x rest day, repeat.

I also found that I have to change up my routine every few months since my body becomes adjusted to the schedule. I'll probably switch the ratio of compound lifts vs crossfit workouts to 1:2.

Relevant to the OP:
WW is a good starting point, I would follow stick to the program, do my own research and try to apply the guidelines that work for me. Setting realistic long term goals will help keep you accountable as well.

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
The bacon, egg, and cheese pizza today was fantastic by the way. I'm sure y'all were curious.

toddnick

Passed Driver's Ed
I've never been overweight....lived my life at 5'6" at about 135 lbs.....but I got hit by late Type 1 diabetes which is in my family....

It was a wake up call (though I hadn't previously been overweight, the realization is the same)....now I test my blood 5 times a day and inject myself 5 times a day with insulin....it is amazing how when you see the effect of eating on your blood sugar several times a day makes you stare in horror at what most people have in their shopping carts at the supermarket.....of course the implications on a diabetics feet, eyes, and kidneys helps as well....

I started hiking and gave up golfing....now, 6 years later, I'm in the best shape of my life (at age 47) and climb mountains rather than walk golf courses...I haven't had a snack between meals in 5 years (and there are free donuts and bagels at the office at least twice a week)....you just have to make the decision....

Last edited:

Skipdr

Go Kart Champion
I've never been overweight....lived my life at 5'6" at about 135 lbs.....but I got hit by late Type 1 diabetes which is in my family....

It was a wake up call (though I hadn't previously been overweight, the realization is the same)....now I test my blood 5 times a day and inject myself 5 times a day with insulin....it is amazing how when you see the effect of eating on your blood sugar several times a day makes you stare in horror at what most people have in their shopping carts at the supermarket.....of course the implications on a diabetics feet, eyes, and kidneys helps as well....

I started hiking and gave up golfing....now, 6 years later, I'm in the best shape of my life (at age 47) and climb mountains rather than walk golf courses...I haven't had a snack between meals in 5 years (and there are free donuts and bagels at the office at least twice a week)....you just have to make the decision....

That's interesting to me. Do you find yourself saying or thinking that diabetes has actually helped become in good shape? Or would you have done the same without it?