GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Might get rid of GTI

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
"reliability" includes just about everything, afaik. So, lets say you complain about the navi or AC system, even if nothing is wrong - that's a strike against the mfg. Weird noises? anything, always have to keep that in mind.

Chef_R_Gamie

Ready to race!
If you're serious about paying off your debt and saving for a house, don't waste time with a Wrangler. Sell your car and buy a Honda Fit (used or new even). Cheaper car payment, cheaper insurance, better fuel economy, 87 octane, better reliability, cheaper maintenance/upkeep, practical, etc.

Very smart way to go, reliable and cheap and good decent resale value

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
indeed^ And Honda insights - hybrid, certified, are going for like $14K in my area.. same as a 2010 Fit. Very enticing for a money saver.. I know its not as good as a Prius, but I don't think it would be worth another $5K for one.

DUBPL8

Go Kart Champion
John why not just get a MKIV Golf TDI for around 3800-5000 instead? The 1.9 TDI is a tried and true motor, I trust that more than my CR 140 personally.

adolan21

Ready to race!
Didn't realize Toyota/Lexus were that much better than Honda/Acura. Also that Mercedes and Porsche are more reliable than Honda. That's interesting.

Here is the 2013 survey:

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
John why not just get a MKIV Golf TDI for around 3800-5000 instead? The 1.9 TDI is a tried and true motor, I trust that more than my CR 140 personally.

I already recommended this. But good thinking. ;)

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Get TDI, build this.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

what years would that be? 2000-2005-ish?

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
So I configured a Jeep after this thread... They don't have that awesome green color anymore apparently, that's a bummer. And you can still buy one without AC :eek:

Still, they look pretty good with the Pentastar.

Also, first gen Fits are worth < $10k now? Not a bad pickup.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Didn't realize Toyota/Lexus were that much better than Honda/Acura. Also that Mercedes and Porsche are more reliable than Honda. That's interesting.

IQS has nothing to do with reliability. Just FYI.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Authentic......I was in the same boat as you (Albeit....some different variation) but let me pitch this idea to you. I havent read the ENTIRE thread, but I caught the gist.

It seems (from what I've read) you're still making payments. Best thing you can do is just eliminate that ENTIRELY, depending on what you owe. You'll exponentially increase your cash flow per month and save a lot more. Having an MK6 will undoubtedly net you more money than what MY car is worth, so you might be in a better opportunity to sell the car, pay off what you owe and jump into something "fun" yet cheap. There are plenty of things out there than can offer just that.

Of course, this is easy for me to say since I had my car fully paid for, but you might be able to pull it off. You're already got the right idea by decreasing CASH FLOW instead of huge capital up front.