GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Might get rid of GTI

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Just the fact that you're trading in a vehicle that's not paid off you're gonna lose money. Unless you bought it for a good deal and financed it at 0% for 36 or 48 months. Financially, this really makes no sense, because even though your payment might be going down, you will spend more money in the long run. And if you're worried about VWs reliability, why the hell would you get a Jeep? lol

adolan21

Ready to race!
According to JD Power for 2012, VW is MORE reliable than Jeep. Pretty surprising because I think of Jeeps as being rock solid.

2013R

Drag Race Newbie
According to JD Power for 2012, VW is MORE reliable than Jeep. Pretty surprising because I think of Jeeps as being rock solid.

Dodge is the 2nd worst on the whole list?? The forums certainly don't show that..

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
It sounds like you really want a Jeep, so I say go for it, YOLO. They're fun in their own way, I'll own one at some point I'm sure. Maybe consider a used TJ with the 4.0 liter? Those things are rock solid and you can get one fairly cheap now. Trading in a car you're making payments on for a brand new car probably won't really save you money, even if your payments go down some and the Wrangler isn't the most economical car.

An older used Focus, Civic, Sentra, etc. would be cheaper... I can see why you wouldn't want that though.

rs999

Go Kart Champion
your monthly payment savings will either be almost or completely offset by the mpg difference.

^This X a billion.

I had a TDI DSG base Golf for a bit and the 40+MPG was good for a while. However, when I did the calculations of fuel savings versus having one paid off GTI. Having a single paid off GTI for my 60 mile round trip commutes was much more of a cost savings.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Dodge is the 2nd worst on the whole list?? The forums certainly don't show that..

Most people that drive Dodge's don't have the internet.

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
worst case scenario???

you can as PLAC for "trade in-trade back-trade in again-trade back again" advice... :D

:lol: :laugh: :laugh: :lol:

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R

Didn't realize Toyota/Lexus were that much better than Honda/Acura. Also that Mercedes and Porsche are more reliable than Honda. That's interesting.