GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB: Vu - Local Forum n00b Questions Forum Unwritten Rules - New Pope Being Elected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
He can dance if he wants to.
Nice Avatar, but reported for getting me singing this song
Wtf is this nonsense.

View attachment 246502

I haven't done my own oil change with this car yet.
buy a 10-pack with the tool on amazon. Yes a large screw driver works but the $3 for the tool was worth it to me. I find the oil change super easy on this car. You have also been reported for posting car stuff in the OT section

Mud

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Michael Jackson dying was like 9/11 in the sense that I’ll always remember where I was when I heard the news. Same with Chester Bennington.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2013 VW GTI Autobahn
Michael Jackson dying was like 9/11 in the sense that I’ll always remember where I was when I heard the news. Same with Chester Bennington.
When the news of Chester dropped, I was on vacation, driving, away from everything, out in the Upper Peninsula.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Michael Jackson's death wasn't surprising to me at all, so it didn't leave an impression.

Bennington dying, I remember being shocked, but not where I was when I heard it.

I remember exactly where I was when OJ Simpson was driving on the highway in the white Bronco and then also his acquittal. I remember where I was when the George Zimmerman verdict was announced as well.

vu.

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf GTI (Sold)
Very true. It was the same way when Pope John Paul II was dying.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Michael Jackson's death wasn't surprising to me at all, so it didn't leave an impression.

Bennington dying, I remember being shocked, but not where I was when I heard it.

I remember exactly where I was when OJ Simpson was driving on the highway in the white Bronco and then also his acquittal. I remember where I was when the George Zimmerman verdict was announced as well.

I remember where I was when the Challenger exploded, news for Chernobyl dropped in the west, the Loma Prieta earthquake, and a few other choice events that call out how old I am.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
9/11 - elementary school math test and the teacher turned on the radio for some music while we took the test and instead we all heard "...terrorist attack this morning" and she shut it off
Michael Jackson - walking the boardwalk at the beach and noticed all of the shops and cars driving down the main road suddenly were all playing his songs
Chester Bennington - walking into a McDonalds in New York to use the bathroom and checked my phone

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
So weird you guys are talking about 9/11 on 4/20.
I was working maintenance at a plastics factory...I remember walking in and one of the machine operators was upset, "Those son's of bitches!" he said. A few years later he was dead. WHAT DID HE KNOW???

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
I remember where I was when the Challenger exploded, news for Chernobyl dropped in the west, the Loma Prieta earthquake, and a few other choice events that call out how old I am.
I, meanwhile, wasn't born yet for the first two, and was only a couple months old for the last one.

Just in case you weren't feeling old enough today.

As far the other events go:

9-11: Mr. Lou's history class. They wheeled in a TV after the first tower was hit and we watched a live news broadcast.

Jackson I don't remember.

Chester Bennington: I was listening to Q101 in my 5 series making a left on Bryn Mawr when they announced it on the radio. Oddly enough I was in the same car driving down the same street listening to the same station when I heard about Chris Cornell.

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
Challenger explosion I was in in the 4th grade, we were watching live in the classroom...teacher turned off the TV.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI
Challenger - i was 5-ish months from being born.

9/11 i was in study hall when the first plane hit, was in freshman science class when the second did and the subsequent collapses.

MJ i was at work i think. same with CB. I was in my car driving into work when i heard about Chris Cornell. days later i stumbled upon this, super fitting the mood i had on his passing...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
I thought mj was just in jail, nm thats bill cos or r kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.