GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by iowarabbit

1. iowarabbit

Eurocars build thread

Just had a different flavor of the same issue putting an 02M into my MK2 TT. I was able to run the stock driver axle, but the flange at the angle drive was a good 30mm inboard of the 02E that I pulled out. I ended up disassembling an inner CV and double stacked them as a spacer until Marty at...
  2. iowarabbit

haldex ribbed hoses... where to?

far from a vw n00b, but i'm new to 4motion and working on a swap. haven't been able to sort out from the interwebs what the two ribbed hoses from the top/floorpan side of the haldex are for, or what they're routed to. every search puts me in the weeds of controller installs upon controller...
  3. iowarabbit

WTB: helix black cherry tails

looking to pick up a set of these: drop me a pm.
  4. iowarabbit

WTB: OSIR Fog GT fog grilles

just getting back into the modding game after a few years of running stock. need a pair of the black (not carbon) osir fog gt's for my jetta bumper. painted, nicked up, or with damaged mesh is cool as long as the clips are all there with no other damage to the panels.
  5. iowarabbit

WTB rear driver 2dr glass

so some kids thought they'd have some fun with a bb gun at the expense of my car window, and now the only thing holding the rear driver's side glass together is the tint and protective coating. shattered like you wouldn't believe. long story short, all the shops around here want an arm and a...
  6. iowarabbit

i found something rabbits can't hop well...

CURBS. long story short: some asshole pulls out in front of me while i'm coming around a curve, i try and stay out of his trunk, and instead i ended up taking a nice bite out of my brand new wheels (but didnt pop the tire and it still holds air? wow.) bending my front passenger drive axle...
  7. iowarabbit

dying interior panels

anyone (shifty?) have any experience w/ vinyl dyes and similar products? i've never really been huge on the anthracite interior, i want it black. ive read mixed reviews on duplicolor, horrible reviews on the krylon stuff, good on plasti-kote, alright things on the vht dye spray, and a lot of...
  8. iowarabbit

aftermarket stereo problem... HELP!

alright, so i'm far from a novice when it comes to installing car audio. not an expert either, but i know what i'm doing. i just got the metra 9003 harness in the mail today and hooked it up to my premier deh-p980bt, popped the dash, pulled the factory stereo, plugged in the harness, then...
  9. iowarabbit

WTB: OEM tail lights

i've got a little project in mind, but want to be able to drive my car while i'm doing it... so does anybody that's done a light swap feel like parting with their stock tails? i'm not looking to spend a ton on something i already have and somebody else no longer needs, but if there's a set just...
  10. iowarabbit

help me blow through my money!!!

this couldve just as easily been posted in the wheel section since it's wheel-heavy, but it's kind of an all-around cosmetics verdict so i tossed it in here. i've got roughly $1500 that i want to put towards visual mods, but i can't for the life of me decide how i want to do it. all i know is...
  11. iowarabbit

headliner/pillar reupholster?

i've always been put off by the light grey from the pillars up in my black uni/anthracite (black as you can get FTW), so i was planning on redoing it/having it done at some point in black suede anyways. then the other day, my dumb ass got the cherry of a cigarette STUCK in the seam between the...