GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

i found something rabbits can't hop well...

iowarabbit

cornfed.
Car(s)
07K '09 Audi TT
CURBS. long story short: some asshole pulls out in front of me while i'm coming around a curve, i try and stay out of his trunk, and instead i ended up taking a nice bite out of my brand new wheels (but didnt pop the tire and it still holds air? wow.) bending my front passenger drive axle, control arm, probably sway bar, and other assorted items that i can't see without sticking my head all the way under the widowmaker. my shitty insurance isn't going to cover it, which brings me to why i'm posting in the drivetrain mods: since its going to cost me an arm and a fucking leg anyways, should i just get it fixed or do something nice and stupid like a 4wd conversion to prep for a very necessary engine swap down the road?

haha and no i'm not trying to pull a mirza here, i just want to get the most bang for my buck if i'm going to have to sink the cash in anyhow. any audi collision parts sources would be helpful as well, i'm having a bit of a hard time coming up with a good one.

ShadowGLI

Sandy Vagina Rinser Outer
Car(s)
2006 GLI w/ DSG
CURBS. long story short: some asshole pulls out in front of me while i'm coming around a curve, i try and stay out of his trunk, and instead i ended up taking a nice bite out of my brand new wheels (but didnt pop the tire and it still holds air? wow.) bending my front passenger drive axle, control arm, probably sway bar, and other assorted items that i can't see without sticking my head all the way under the widowmaker. my shitty insurance isn't going to cover it, which brings me to why i'm posting in the drivetrain mods: since its going to cost me an arm and a fucking leg anyways, should i just get it fixed or do something nice and stupid like a 4wd conversion to prep for a very necessary engine swap down the road?

haha and no i'm not trying to pull a mirza here, i just want to get the most bang for my buck if i'm going to have to sink the cash in anyhow. any audi collision parts sources would be helpful as well, i'm having a bit of a hard time coming up with a good one.

:needpics:

and your insurance, if you have full, should cover it after a deductable.. thats if you had coverage.

Also, fix it back to FWD, don't try any crazy conversions but If all that suspension stuff is toast, get Coils, Aftermarket Wheels, Aftermarket Swaybars and anything else that can be upgraded for the same price as a standard repair..

Sorry to hear man.

iowarabbit

cornfed.
Car(s)
07K '09 Audi TT
i'll try and get some pics up soon, it kinda makes me sick to my stomach to even look at the underbody at this point...
i'm sure the suspension is probably not doing so hot since the control arm got bent all to hell. i'll probably end up with a good set of coils, maybe sways too depending on how the front bar condition, throw my old wheels back on till i can get the new one fixed and powdercoat the rest.

haha not looking forward to the bill for this...

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
Man I woulda chased the fucker down and had him pay for the damages. Good luck with your mods. I'm not technical enough to give an opinion on those.

iowarabbit

cornfed.
Car(s)
07K '09 Audi TT
Man I woulda chased the fucker down and had him pay for the damages. Good luck with your mods. I'm not technical enough to give an opinion on those.

after i had that 'holy shit' moment in my head, i tried. couldn't get the plate and run simultaneously, thanks for the luck though. apparently the rabbit's foot wasn't very lucky at all.

Timski

I eat the pink doughnuts
Man that is so bad... Good luck with everything.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
Car(s)
2007 Rabbit
at least they didn't run you into a tree like what happened to me, 10 weeks later and I'm still injured and oh yeah american parts are pretty much all backordered horribly