GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2007 m3 picture

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion

opinions? should the GTI and R32 be worried?

bilbos

On the Kop
It is looking a bit ugly, especially at the rear. I much prefer the current one. Saying that, I have never felt the urge to own one. Maybe the "image" that BMW drivers have, especially in the UK.

With, I dunno, approx. 400HP?, the GTI will be left in the dust.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
i think theyve done very well with the styling, considering that the normal 3 series isnt v good looking.

i actually think the R32 and maybe even a GTI could compete with the M3. not talking mainly about performance but these high powered golfs are like half the price.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
newtogolf said:

opinions? should the GTI and R32 be worried?

Worried about what??? :iono:

There's nothing to compare. 294kW V8 Coupe vs 147kW I4T Hatch.. The M3 will be well over 3 times the price here in Australia. I can't imagine there'll be too many folk scratching their heads and lying awake at night wondering which way to go... Are we soon going to wonder if the Veyron will be stealing sales from Hyundai buyers???

If past M3s are any sort of track record, this new M3 should demolish anything in its class performance wise, let alone hot hatches...

This belongs in the OT/Other cars area...http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Edit: Pretty sure that's a pshop effort..

Last edited:

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
That sure is hi-day-us. Has some similarities style-wise with the 6/M6. As ugly as it is, I'll take 2.

A41.8QTM

That's what she said
Car(s)
2008 GTI
That's fugly! The BMW 645 is pure sex though. I'd love a current model M3 but can't even get close to that price. I'd probably prefer an Audi A3 3.2 Quattro and slap a SC on her.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
there getting worse and worse, The OG M3 body style with the flares (E30 i think) was dope... the next one's were sweet too (especially the lightweight version), these last 2 haven't really done it for me, compared to the other cars on the market.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
scuderiavw said:
Well, i always hated the initial pics, i will reserve the right to remai silent this time till i see the car in person. :cool:

The right to remain silent is always the best policy...

I'm not sold on the proportions of the 3 series coupe, the door seems so short and the rear flank kinda looks like it could go on forever..

The rear end treatment looks quite Japanese too. Like the S15 Silvia (200SX). The single pipes on each side are a bit too Lexus for my liking... I always liked the old BMW twin tips on the left.
I don't know if that fussy rear bumper in that M3 pshop is representative of the actual production will be like too...