GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
indeed, indeed.

Here's a new STI review, that I haven't watched yet, lol :

dtraill27

Go Kart Champion
Pretty weak review imo, not much on driving impressions other than its a bit of a rough ride on a rough road. That being said I don't really care for their reviews so not surprised. Wouldn't buy one over a WRX currently, especially since I could see them replacing the motor in the near future.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
word. TFL Car reviews... like I said.. not too good really, but at least you can see the car and get somewhat of a "normal person's" idea on things, lol.

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
If I were to get Rex or STI first thing out is that fighter jet wing:barf:

But most likely I am sticking with S3 Sedan or 235i coming 2018 CPO that sucker and call it a day

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Really disappointing tho that the new STI carries over the same drivetrain as last gen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which carries the same drivetrain from 2004...

The new STI is a complete joke. Make 0 sense to get that over a regular WRX.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
If I were to get Rex or STI first thing out is that fighter jet wing:barf:

But most likely I am sticking with S3 Sedan or 235i coming 2018 CPO that sucker and call it a day

2018? dang...

WRX has no jet fighter wing.. just a very BMW looking trunk lid "spoiler", that I actually
like.

Which carries the same drivetrain from 2004...

The new STI is a complete joke. Make 0 sense to get that over a regular WRX.

bingo^

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
2018? dang...

WRX has no jet fighter wing.. just a very BMW looking trunk lid "spoiler", that I actually
like.

Yea I see that now... looks cleaner with spoiler.

2-3y/o Beamers and Audi will drop 8-12k easily... CPO'ed and you come out winning. Options on brand new Beamer is no joke I don't see the reason in buying them new. With the miles I put in my car leasing is out of the question for sure

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie

2-3y/o Beamers and Audi will drop 8-12k easily... CPO'ed and you come out winning. Options on brand new Beamer is no joke I don't see the reason in buying them new. With the miles I put in my car leasing is out of the question for sure

yep, i've helped a few people buy cpo'd bimmers and Audi's, no doubt.

formul8

My GLI farts
Car(s)
2006 GLI

For a Audi/BMW/Mercedes - lease new or buy CPO and sell before warranty is up. Buying new or owning one out of warranty is insane.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
CPO'ed BMWs are not all that great considering you can save 8-10k by buying a non CPO. You get raped on when you're ready to sell that CPO and it depreciated as much in your 3 years of ownership as it would have if you bought it new.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
CPO'ed BMWs are not all that great considering you can save 8-10k by buying a non CPO. You get raped on when you're ready to sell that CPO and it depreciated as much in your 3 years of ownership as it would have if you bought it new.

same year, same mileage? I would have to disagree. $3k-$5K is probably more like it, then again.. you live in Cali-fon-ya.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
A special “WRX Sports Package” will be available at introduction. This package will include the following components:

• STI Performance Exhaust
• STI MT6 Short Throw Shifter
• STI MT6 Leather/Aluminum Shift Knob
• STI 17-inch Black Alloy Wheels

Available on all MT6-equipped WRX models, the package MSRP is $3,411, which will be discounted $533 for a net MSRP price of only $2,878.

The only thing I'd really want is the SS, and then maybe the SPT/STI exhaust, as those are usually very subtle and tasteful w/o being obnoxious. The wheels I saw are gross... becauseblack.