GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2015 WRX Discussion Thread

mmoran903

Ready to race!
My last car was a '08 Impreza (maybe it was an '09?) and I always regretted not getting the WRX instead.

When I bought my GTI, the reason i didn't buy a '13/'14 WRX was the car was the exact same and didn't feel "new"- it felt like my old car with a body kit and some speed lol.

In hindsight I wish I would have just saved my Impreza another year, no car payments, and now i'd be getting into a WRX/STI for considerably less.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
i'm placing my order on saturday. 2015 STi in dark gray metallic with the keyless entry, push start and sti short throw shift linkage. i was told 6-10 week delivery turnaround. i give it 2 weeks till the excitement gets to me and my patience wears out.

FUCK YEAH, nice dude. Great color. Which wheels?

I'd like to see yellow come back as a color option, probably the minority on this one

yes, yes you are ;) they always looked better in person.. well, more than a Subaru usually does, lol.

the sonic yellow was definitely unique, but people are too tame for that nowadays. i'm surprised subaru is putting out such a vibrant red.

its pretty red.. a little brighter than the TR maybe?

Congrats!

I'm finally, after two weeks of rain/tax season ending/puppy duty, going to drive one tonight. Fortunately, a major career change has reared its head and it may afford me the luxury of the STI over the WRX.

OH MANG!!! great stuff dude, congrats! :thumbup::clap: supposed to be pretty stiff for the DD duty, however.

I think back to my bugeye Sedona Red.... It sucked off boost, but was still a blast to drive.

224hp, doe.

jmdeis11

Ready to race!
Quick rough Photoshop removed wing too, then imagine with black rims. would look so good imo

it probably would have been easier to just photoshop a wrx instead of an sti then remove the wing.

Mine doesn't come in till the 2nd :(

That's not too long! I think mine may have arrived today...I'll find out soon.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Doesn't get more rice then yellow wrx... Maybe with white wheels stanced and sti wing... And perhaps with those rain deflectors on the windows... JDM yo!

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Mine doesn't come in till the 2nd :(

Maybe stop spanking it now, so the night when it comes in and you take it home, you can unleash a furious JDM load before bedtime to help you sleep after all that excitement :iono:

Doesn't get more rice then yellow wrx... Maybe with white wheels stanced and sti wing... And perhaps with those rain deflectors on the windows... JDM yo!

+1

squall

Ready to race!
I'm gonna just go with the standard bbs and keep them for winter wheels. i think i'm gonna finally pick up a set of advan rgII for it though. i've always loved those.

mmoran903

Ready to race!
The hype is real. Made my (basically) stock GTI feel like a slow piece of shit. The gearbox feels great and the car just wants to pull in every gear, seemingly effortlessly.

There's no doubt I want this car now after driving it. The question is if i want it bad enough to restart my car payment and see my monthly outlay increase by $70-$100. While still affordable, the finance/accounting side of me knows it's such a stupid thing to do.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
car$ are always "stupid" financially.. but the fun you have, is of course not :)

mmoran903

Ready to race!
Of course - most of us drive cars we don't need with features we don't need. However, when you're paying 0.9% interest and 12 car payments in, it's REALLY stupid to go out to a 66-72 month loan @ 2.9%. Sadly, even @ 60 months 2.9% is the best rate you can get on a WRX. This is doubly true when you essentially put $6,000 down on the GTI and are going to break even when trading it in.

Ironically, the ball and chain said "you could just do that tune thing and the other stuff to your car now and still come out ahead money-wise instead of buying the WRX."

So, somehow, even if I don't buy a new car i'm getting the blessing to go nuts on my GTI lol.

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Going nuts on the gti is probably more of waste than getting the wrx.